Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME

Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received the above error message initially on my desktop and had to switch to using PS5 to Work. Following day went to remote location without internet for a week and when I tried to use LR 6 on notepad experienced the same problem. Both versions are standalone as I go to remote location without internet and because of that I do not use CC. Suspect issue might be related to December 2016 update? Anyone have this experience?

Started LR 6 this am, returned last evening, and there was an error message briefly saying my licence is perpetual and I may receive free updates to same date in 2001! LR 6 seems to be working now but have yet to try using laptop again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

I think it will also apply to the standalone version. You may need an updated Microsoft component to run LR6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs for the laptop and OS e.g. W7, W8 or W10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon and thanks for your question.

The PC runs Win 7 Pro 64 bit with 4Gb memory and I am aware that I should get this up to 8 to get the best performance something which is pending. LR6 has worked fine until very recently.

The laptop has Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and has 8 Gb memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the message but I am not using Creative Cloud but  Standalone version which is registered for both PC and laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will also apply to the standalone version. You may need an updated Microsoft component to run LR6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you know that your suggestion worked and I now have LR 6 working OK on desktop.

Internet has been been down due to ISP problems and now I have a problem with laptop LR 6

So, thanks for your assistance with the initial problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines