• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

with the upgrading from Lr6.7 To Lr6.8, saving the catalog is not more done""error status"

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will adobe correct the Bug????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide a lot more details about what is happening and what the exact wording of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In french, the wording is as follow: «Lightroom n'a pas réussi à sauvegarder le catalogue "Lightroom Catalog"».

I can open the catalog, I can optimize the catalog. But LR cannot save the catalog since the update to 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message: Lightroom n'a pas réussi à sauvegarder le catalogue"...."

Veuillez vérifier vos permissions sur les dossiers et vous assurer que vous disposez de suffisamment d'espace sur votre disque de sauvegarde et votre disque de catalogue principal.

Ce n'est pas un problème de l'utilisateur car je dispose de 400 Giga pour un catalogue de 25.000 photos !! et les permissions n'ont pas été modifiées.....seulement l'upgrade de la version 6.7 à 6.8.

Cela a été confirmé également sur le site de "Nikon Passion"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The translation to English results in:

"" Message: Lightroom has failed to save the catalog "..."

Please check your permissions on the files and make sure that you have a sufficient space on your backup disk, and your main catalog drive.

Thus, you need to check the permissions on the folder, and make sure you have sufficient space on the disk. Weird as it sounds, sometimes updating the software changes something, perhaps the location for the backup, perhaps the permission (yes, that seems to have happened to people) and so you MUST check ALL of these things, you cannot assume they haven't changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not assume anything. Permissions are unchanged and I have 105 Go free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and has the folder location where the backup is supposed to go remained unchanged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my computer has been checked during 2 hours by an IT System manager and the conclusions were the same as mine.

No change on files or on the way used on windows 10 compared to V6.7.

Today i started from the Catalog backup created on V6.7 dated december the 30th & re-building the links and reducing the way number of characters used by window10 (less than 170) but...... the problem is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tennoil wrote:

All my computer has been checked during 2 hours by an IT System manager and the conclusions were the same as mine.

No change on files or on the way used on windows 10 compared to V6.7.

Today i started from the Catalog backup created on V6.7 dated december the 30th & re-building the links and reducing the way number of characters used by window10 (less than 170) but...... the problem is still the same.

Has the destination folder (where the backup is supposed to be saved) changed? Your IT System Manager will not check this, you have to check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was checked, sorry.

What i see on other forum is that the problems occured as well in belgium;l as well in France.

Could you tell me how much clients were moving already from 6.7 to 6.8 in the both countries in % compared to official licences.

And how much occured without any problems? i imagine you are able to trace it.

Do we have to be mechanic to be a car driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me how much clients were moving already from 6.7 to 6.8 in the both countries in % compared to official licences.

No one here can tell you that. Only Adobe knows, and they don't give out that kind of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, i know that the owner of the website " nikon passion" (from France) had a contact with adobe. Nikon passion has  many thousands of members ( French speaking people) all over the world. I guess that adobe will make a survey regarding  their LR programs because this kind of situation is not helping their marketing.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was linked to a double character in the catalog's name.(with any problems  till release 6.7).

Now it is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cela veux dire quoi un caractère double svp

moi aussi j'ai le même trouble depuis octobre - novembre. j'ai tout essayé ce qu'ils disent mais les problèmes persistent. je suis au Québec (canada).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne sais pas. De mon côté, j'avais aussi ce message à la suite du passe de la version 6.7 à 6.8. Lorsque je suis passé à la version CC, à la première fermeture du logiciel, la sauvegarde du catalogue a pu s'effectuer correctement sans que je change quoi que ce soit. Mais dès la seconde fermeture de Lightroom, la sauvegarde est redevenue impossible: Lightroom n'a pas réussi à sauvegarder le catalogue "Lightroom Catalog". Et c'est reparti ! Et personne ne semble vouloir m'aider. Il est vrai que dans le nom d'utilisateur, il y a un accent: «André». Mais ça fonctionnait avec la version 6.7, et ça a fonctionné lors de la première fermeture de Lightroom CC 2005.8. Où est le problème? Entendez-vous mon appel au secours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il existe en fait deux “bug”dans la nouvelle version.l’un des deux “bug”consiste à trouver deux fois la même lettre qui se répète et à se planter!!.Exemple le nom de mon catalogue comprenait le mot “impression” soit deux fois la lettre “s”.

Il est prudent d’examiner l’adresse complète d’accès au catalogue exemple //document-photos-images nikon.......(selon l’endroit de stockage sur le disque dur de l’ordi ) et pas seulement le nom du catalogue.

Dans windows 10 , il faut s’assurer que l’ensemble des caractères (qui composent l’adresse “chemin d’accès”et nom du catalogue (y compris les espaces) ne dépasse pas 170 positions.

J’ai simplifié tout le chemin d’accès et nom du catalogue.((Cela signifiera néanmoins qu’il faudra reconstruire les liens entre le catalogue et les photos lorsqu’on ouvre le catalogue dans LR )).

Ensuite la sauvegarde est redevenue normale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voici l'emplacement de mon catalogue:

C:\Users\André Goulet\Pictures

Si c'est le nom d'usager qui pose problème (le même nom était pourtant utilisé sous Lightroom 6.7 sans difficulté), puis-je le renommer et de quelle façon?

Merci à l'avance,

André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Désolé. L'emplacement réel est plutôt le suivant: C:\Users\André Goulet\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

je constate qu’il y a deux fois la lettre “o” qui se suivent.Il me parait nécessaire de renommer le catalogue et par exemple remplacer lightroom par le sigle “LR”, j’aurais tendance à supprimer l’accent sur le “e” dans André.Lors de la prochaine ouverture du programme, il faudra relier les photos à leur dossier (Presence du “?” dans les dossiers de photos.)

Bonne chance et bon travail! (hélas)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines