Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording into a single slide

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am wanting to do a full motion record of about 5 minutes into a single slide. I want it to be in a single slide as that will make it easier to synchronise it with another full motion record that I want to play back at the same time. Is it possible to make Captivate full motion record into a single slide/animation and not have it split out over multiple slides and animations?

Alternatively, once it has split it out, is it possible to merge slides and/or animations without having to manually copy and paste an animation from one slide into another?

Thanks.

Jason
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Jason

Unfortunately Captivate doesn't offer a way to record that will end up resulting in one long full motion clip that resides on a single slide.

However, the development team did come up with something that may help you. Hop out and read the article at the link below. It discusses something called the "Full Motion Recording (FMR) Editor". This is a utility that allows the Captivate author to slice, dice, split and join full motion clips. So perhaps using that beastie you will be able to create that long five minute clip.

Click here to view the article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick, sounds great! I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources