Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Few questions from a beginner in acrobat

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a few questions

1. With Acrobat pro 11, I know you can click and drag and drop pages from one pdf to another.  I know you can extract pages from one pdf to a new pdf. But is there an option to copy lets say 50 pages from one pdf to another pdf of my choice? (not to a new pdf?)  What I am trying to accomplish here is being able to tell the software to grab these 50 pages without having to use the thumbnail pane. I want a dialogue box like you get when extracting pages. If it doesn't exist that's fine---just wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

2. Why is it that when I crop a page and lets say I crop out the top and bottom third of the page, why does the software only show me that middle third of the page in the document window?--- what that does is it makes my page in the document window smaller than the other pages. Its just a visual preference but I would like to see all of my pages the same size even if one page only has 1/3 of the text.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can use the JavaScript method insertPages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean - are those steps available in the software or is this not a part of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available in the software. Dokumentation in Acrobat JavaScript Reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was already mentioned, you can accomplish #1 by writing a program in JavaScript. If you don't have any experience with Javascript programming for Acrobat, this may be a bit too much for you to accomplish on your own. In that case, I would suggest that you work with somebody who does provide programing services for Acrobat (which is something I do, if you are interested, please sent me either a direct message here on the forums, or an email - my contact information is on my profile page). Outside of a custom program, there is unfortunately nothing you can do to get this functionality.

As far as #2 goes, you may be able to accomplish this by setting a fixed zoom level in the "initial view" settings. To do that, bring up the document properties (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D), then go to the "Initial View" tab and specify a fixed "Magnification" setting (e.g. 75%). This way, when you open this document, it will default to this zoom level for all pages. You can of course change it while you are in the document, but the next time you open it, this initial view setting will take over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Karl---just what I was looking for. No interest in learning JavaScript, just trying to understand if I was missing some feature that the software provides. And thanks for the tip about adjusting the zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines