• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud highest resolution download

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get a copy of photos that exist only in Adobe's cloud? And if I wait for possible future upgrades to the product, will I be able to download higher resolution versions - i.e. are higher resolution photos on the Adobe cloud today and the quality of download is limited by current software on my devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone)? Or is there a way engineering can provide me a way to retrieve the highest quality available?

Here are more details:

Around January of 2016 I'd synchronized photos from Lightroom CC mac desktop to the cloud. The source on my mac were DNGs derived from RAW photos. I'd stopped using Lightroom CC around February. Therefore my synchronizaction stopped. Thereafter I accidentally deleted some original photos from my Mac and I don't have the originals on my backup service (for technical reasons I won't go into at this time).

I recently signed up again for Lightroom CC and synchronization is off on my Mac desktop version of Lightroom. Upon signing into the adobe cloud via a web browser I saw that some photos from January are still online.

Now when I try downloading those photos from a web browser (via the built in functionality on the site) and compare the photos to those I can download from my iPad mobile app, I see that they are of two different file sizes. The iPad size is larger. I do not know how if a larger file size correlate with quality in this case.

So, back to my original questions: how do I get the highest quality file size of photos only on the adobe cloud?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately the Desktop App would have only synced Smart Previews up to the Cloud (by the way, presumably these photos didn't start their life on a mobile device before getting to LR Desktop? - As it's strange why the iPad versions synced back from the Cloud to the iPad are larger).

Did you get the two versions option (download original and latest) when downloading from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately the Desktop App would have only synced Smart Previews up to the Cloud (by the way, presumably these photos didn't start their life on a mobile device before getting to LR Desktop? - As it's strange why the iPad versions synced back from the Cloud to the iPad are larger).

Did you get the two versions option (download original and latest) when downloading from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines