• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a brochure made in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a brochure for my friend's business and I'm using Photoshop. I know InDesign is a much better option for this, however I only have Photoshop and this is so NOT my forte! I don't mess around with design work that actually has to be printed and made to look nice, but she has bugged me for weeks now to help her, so I designed a tri-fold brochure and now I have to print it.

I wanted to print with bleed, but we are too pressed for time now and she wants to print through Staples and have a white border. Fine...whatever! I'm ready to have this over with! 🙂 My question is...what do I need to do to my Photoshop file to send it over to Staples for print? I truly don't understand a lot about Photoshop, especially when it comes to converting over to PDF for print. Do I merge all of the layers? Group them together? From what I'm reading, I need to rasterize the layers? Then what...?? I know for most of you these are probably ridiculous questions, but I'm truly in the dark with this stuff! Someone...anyone...?? I need all the help I can get!

Also, I did try to test it out by saving my file as a pdf, pulled it up in acrobat, and when I tried to print it this morning from my printer at work, it just spits out a blank page.  😕

Thanks so much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Make a copy of the Master layered file, flatten that copy and save as Photoshop PDF. Staples does not want editable layers.

http://www.staplesadvantage.de/fileadmin/sa/opcos/uk/files/PrintServices_Guide_9PP_1.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of the Master layered file, flatten that copy and save as Photoshop PDF. Staples does not want editable layers.

http://www.staplesadvantage.de/fileadmin/sa/opcos/uk/files/PrintServices_Guide_9PP_1.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely test the file on your own printer before sending out.  Make sure the folding pattern you intend matches up to the way the file is built.  You'll also be able to confirm the resolution is adequate.  Call the printer with any questions before sending, hopefully they'll have a knowledgeable person on staff.  You may even get them to run a sample to make sure it works before production.

The "amending" (under accepted formats) to which the document gener7 linked may be "chargeable alterations" - meaning they may charge a fee to work with the file and make into a more usable format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines