• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering with Premier 14

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting to know Premier 14 on a windows 7 PC with 8 GB of memory. I was practicing on a 30 minute clip and decided to render it. The machine bogged down after about 16% done and I canceled. When I returned to the project the original media was gone and was replaced in the timeline (and on the assets frame) by an MP4 symbol (but of course there was really no file there because rendering was canceled). I can't get the original media back, even after exiting and re-starting. What happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which processor does your computer have, and how much free, clean, defragmented memory is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video you are editing?

Where is the video you are editing located? Is it on your C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running on an Intel Core™ I7-3770S 64 bit processor with 63 GB free out of 500 total. The video was imported from an mpg4 file on my hard drive and the project settings showed 640 x 480 along with some other information that was greyed out: (Sony XDCAM EX 720p, 29.97 fps). I hope this helps. I did manage to get the edit window to reappear after some fooling around. I just don’t understand why the rendering started at a normal pace and then ground to a halt.

Ron Hadley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

63 gig is a bit tight, as far as space on your hard drive -- particularly if that's also the drive where your project and media files are being stored. Particularly if the drive is fragmented.

I hope that you can provide me all of the information I need in order to be able to help you more specifically.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video you are editing?

Where is the video you are editing located? Is it on your C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is an mp4 file on my C drive. I don’t know what kind of camcorder it was taken with. I converted this mp4 several years ago. As far as the format and resolution, the information I gave you is all I know how to get. If you need more than what I sent you, you will have to instruct me as to how to access it. I will try to free up some extra space on my C drive.

Ron Hadley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the free program Media Info and open the MP4 in it. Set the View in the program to Tree and either copy the information or post a screen capture of it to this forum.

If you created or converted the MP4 from another file, that opens the possibility of a number of variables, so we need to figure out what we're dealing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the mediainfo app and ran it. The text file that resulted is attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the Media Info report, Ron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I experienced a senior moment and forgot to attach it. Let’s try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it on a phone with email.  You have to attach it with a computer and a browser:

click here.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did attach it to an email sent from the same machine I have Elements installed on. I’ll try again. I ‘ve looked at the text file and I think it has the information you need.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ronhadley6038 wrote:

I did attach it to an email sent from the same machine I have Elements installed on. I’ll try again. I ‘ve looked at the text file and I think it has the information you need.

Ron

You can't send it via email.  Please do it as illustrated in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines