• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export slideshow to movie.

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I can't export slideshow to movie. The progress bar in the left upper corner just get stuck. Been restarting both lightroom and the computer ( iMac 27, 2015). Any ideas?

[Moved by moderator from the nontechnical Lounge Forum to the Lightroom Forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a Windows 10 (AU) PC. This happened the first time I tried exporting a movie, but then everything worked fine the 2nd and 3rd times I tried. Now I cannot get the export to make any progress at all again.  I am exporting an 80 slide collection to a 720p movie accompanied by an MP3 file that is exactly the right length.

I have tried exiting and restarting Lightroom, restarting the PC, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can export a PDF just fine, but exporting a video displays the progress bar at the top left and then freezes there... no progress is shown 20 minutes later, and Task Manager shows Lightroom using no CPU time.

The times that exporting a video worked for me, I instantly saw some progress on the progress bar as soon as it was displayed. When it is not working, no progress is shown at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a workaround (after trying a bunch of things that did not work) that seems to work at the moment... If I:

- select my Collection on the left in grid view

- move the location of a photo in the collection (drag it one to the right)

- move that photo back to its proper spot

- click Export Video

Now the export starts up, and the progress bar at the upper left displays progress being made.

Oh - by the way - I am using the Desktop version of Lightroom 6.8, NOT the Creative Cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - the above procedure only seems to work sometimes. It does work after
- restarting my computer
- moving a photo around in the slideshow, then back
- export video

However, if I try to change some more slide titles, and export again without exiting from Lightroom or restarting the computer, the export does not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The procedure that worked a few days ago does not work today. I now have no idea what procedure will allow me to export a Slideshow as a movie.

All I know is that, if I am able to export a slideshow once, I do not seem to be able to export it again without restarting my computer. However, restarting my computer does not guarantee I'll be able to export a Slideshow as a movie.

Arrrrg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I have spent over 8 hours on a 3 minute slideshow. I am so irritated at this point. COME ON ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not help you, but

• In Options, is Zoom to Fill Frame enabled?
  • In Playback, have you enabled Pan to Zoom?
  • Are any pictures originally landscape orientation but cropped to portrait?

I have had problems with export hanging in these circumstances, so I wonder if this might be the problem.

What happens if you hit Preview or Play? Do they operate normally? Can you export a video for a small number of those images?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case:

- Preview and Play work fine every time

- Options / Zoom to Full Frame is NOT checked

- Playback / Pan and Zoon is NOT checked

- A number of pictures are cropped from landscape to portrait

When I find time, I will try exporting a video from a slideshow that does not have any landscape-portrait crops...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export even a very small number of pictures. I started trying from about 600 pics, then I reduced the number step by step. The export of even 2 pictures stops at 10%.

It's always 10%, no matter what quality, number of pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tryed to make a 99 pic slide show for my grandmother funeral service now I cant use it at all because after trying all the suggestions on this page I still have no success someone please fix this so I can actually use the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines