• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer for Adobe use but seems slow

Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my new system and tried a file with Photoshop to see if there was much of a difference.

I have to admit I am not to impressed yet.

I have a photoshop .psd file that is 262,790 kb.

I am saving it as a .png and it is saving as 15,136 kb.

It takes 2 minutes to save the file as a .png.

Is that normal?

Here is what I have for a system:

Processor = i7 6700

32 GB RAM

525 GB Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card 1.29 GHz Core 1.39 GHz Boost Clock – 4 GB GDDR5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attroll wrote:

Is that normal?

Here is what I have for a system:

Processor = i7 6700

32 GB RAM

525 GB Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card 1.29 GHz Core 1.39 GHz Boost Clock – 4 GB GDDR5

if you have wx as the system then yes it is pretty normal however you can fine tune a lot

the big time waister with Adobe products on Windows systems is their networking;

• file sync, open the Adobe cc app and look to see if they are syncing files in the background... if so you can stop it temp or turn it off as required

Screenshot (424).png

Screenshot (425).png

• if you turn the Adobe CC off or stop it from starting at system start (and on Windows systems you should) then be sure to restart the app before starting any Adobe software or the result tends to be two copies of the app running in the background and thats a big cause of slow down

Screenshot (487).png

• when things are working well you should see your account icon at the start page for Photoshop

Screenshot (471).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not using CC right now. I am still on CS3. I don't know if I want to spend almost $400 a year to upgrade to CC yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines