• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

class action lawsuit

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard of a more shady business model in my life. I signed up for a free trial, only to be told I cannot cancel without paying it. Today I received a call saying they would like payment for the first month and second month. Even though I haven't paid for the first month in the first place. So they have you locked in and keep charging you monthly for a service you can't even use until you pay to cancel. If you have been screwed by adobe please email me at [removed personal info]

I'm putting together a case for a class action lawsuit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi there

I see you signed up for the 10 images/month plan where you get the first month free.  The plan can be cancelled within the first month if you do not wish to continue.

It appears that the plan wasn't cancelled so there was an attempt to charge you for the renewal on the 22nd of October but this was not authorized.

When you contacted support on the 24th they advised the subscription was suspended due to the payment issue. They advised you to pay the pending payment then cancel. This is becau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I see you signed up for the 10 images/month plan where you get the first month free.  The plan can be cancelled within the first month if you do not wish to continue.

It appears that the plan wasn't cancelled so there was an attempt to charge you for the renewal on the 22nd of October but this was not authorized.

When you contacted support on the 24th they advised the subscription was suspended due to the payment issue. They advised you to pay the pending payment then cancel. This is because the subscription cannot be cancelled while in the suspended status.  I'm sorry that this wasn't explained properly and will address this with the teams.

The subscription has now been cancelled and there are no charges associated with it.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe keeps on trying to charge me 9.99 per month even when i didn't sign up for an annual contract, i had to block them through my bank to avoid more charges. class action indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which products did you sign up for? Stock doesn't have a $9.99 plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MN,

You're signed up for the Adobe Photography subscription. This is not an Adobe Stock issue.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. I subscribe to free trial, only used it this evening. Then, they charged me for the month after so I tried to cancel "annual" subscription, which I never signed for and it said I would need to pay 100$ of cancellation fees. I called them and after a lot of arguing, they said they would cancel and wave the fees and hat I would receive a confirmation email. That was 1 week ago, I received no confirmation and my account was still opened. I needed to cancel my card. Ridiculous and total scam!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received no confirmation and my account was still opened. I needed to cancel my card.

By @Jade25869708mf59

As you well know, when you paid attention to what you signed up, you signed up for either a 7-day trial for creative cloud programs or a one-month trial for Adobe stock. This trial converts automatically into a one year, automatically renewable subscription. So yes, you did subscribe to an annual subscription, cancellable anytime by paying an early termination fee of half of the remaining due.

For your contact with Adobe customer service, you should have received a case number. Using that case number, you should contact Adobe customer service again. This is best done by using the chat. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Cancelling your credit card does not cancel your contract with Adobe.

I will lock this thread now, it is from 2016 and has a correct answer, and nothing that can be said will help the OP. If you still have trouble with anything stock related, feel free to post here in this forum again. If you have an accounts and payment problem, feel free to post in the corresponding forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started