• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine and Collate Multiple InDesign Documents

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 documents, each is 36 pages long.  I want to combine them into 1 document, collated.  For example the combined document pages look like this:

Doc1 Page1

Doc2 Page 1

Doc3 Page 1

Doc4 Page 1

Doc5 Page 1 (then back to Doc1)

Doc1 Page 2

Doc2 Page 2

Doc3 Page 3

Doc4 Page 4

Doc5 Page 5

Etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Open the documents, arrange tile (menu WINDOW > ARRANGE > TILE) so you can see both of them. Drug the pages from pages panel from the first document into a destination document. Then repeat the step for each document using the same destination document.

Schermata 2017-01-04 alle 09.12.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it weren't for the page numbers being redone, I'd suggest the Book function. Maybe go to the originals and change the automatic page numbers to manual and it might be worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the documents, arrange tile (menu WINDOW > ARRANGE > TILE) so you can see both of them. Drug the pages from pages panel from the first document into a destination document. Then repeat the step for each document using the same destination document.

Schermata 2017-01-04 alle 09.12.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines