• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Professional 11 WIN ESD MEA (Arabic in MS word)

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

We have Acrobat Professional 11 WIN ESD MEA and face problem when we convert a document to MS word from PDF when PDF is having Arabic typed in it. I would like to know what needs to be done to solve it.

It is not like they are appearing as garbage characters but not readable properly. Can any one assist on this any font need to be added etc. Please note windows is 10

Regards,

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

This is a known current limitation / bug with Acrobat (all versions). Right-to-left languages including Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew are not properly supported.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known current limitation / bug with Acrobat (all versions). Right-to-left languages including Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew are not properly supported.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dov,

Appreciate your quick response on this, Are there any plans to solve this current limitation of Adobe Professional for customers in Middle east because many times there are requirements to convert an arabic PDF to MS word and do required amendments.

Kind Regards,
Wajeeh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wajeeh,

You aren't the only customer who really wants this limitation resolved! And it doesn't only affect customers in the Middle East. There are many of us elsewhere around the world (including here in Adobe's San Jose headquarters) who regularly need to communicate in Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew.

I'll keep “pushing” for this feature. 

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Dov,

I'm glad that Adobe staff such as yourself and perhaps others are pushing to fix this conversion issue, but may I request a couple more things in Acrobat since we're at it…

• OCR Arabic scans
  • Editing Arabic content in PDF
  • Copy Arabic text from PDF to any other word processor or even to an Adobe application is not fully accurate.

As an Adobe support person in the Middle East, I'm overwhelmed by regular calls from clients complaining about the above or at least requesting me to ask Adobe to fix above issues.

Sincerely,

Zaid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines