Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Filter area is so small...

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to use the radial filter to create a vignette.  The radial filter area that I want to cover the focus of is way too small... even if I expand the entire filter over the picture, it will still affect the focused area.  I've attached a photo so that you can see that the part in the middle is very small that I'm trying to keep out of the vignette.  Is there a way to adjust so that the radial filter covers more area than the very small part in the middle?  Help, I'm going crazy!!!!

Displaying 20170103_180633.jpgradial filter.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Quotes from the Lightroom Help File-   Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Help

(Download the PDF from link near top-left of page.)

Underlined sentences refer specifically to your question.

Apply a Radial Filter to enhance a photo-

1. In the Develop module, select the Radial Filter tool from the toolstrip.

2. Do one of the following:

• To create a Radial Filter, click and drag the mouse across the region of interest. This will draw an elliptical shape, which determines the area that is either

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quotes from the Lightroom Help File-   Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Help

(Download the PDF from link near top-left of page.)

Underlined sentences refer specifically to your question.

Apply a Radial Filter to enhance a photo-

1. In the Develop module, select the Radial Filter tool from the toolstrip.

2. Do one of the following:

• To create a Radial Filter, click and drag the mouse across the region of interest. This will draw an elliptical shape, which determines the area that is either affected or excluded from the adjustments you perform.

• To edit an existing Radial Filter, click any of the gray handles on the photo.

While drawing, press Shift to constrain the Radial Filter to a circle.

3. To determine what area of the photo is modified, select or clear the Invert Mask checkbox. The checkbox, by default, is not selected.

• Invert Mask not selected(default): Changing any setting affects the image region outside the marquee area.

• Invert Mask selected: Changing any setting affects the image region inside the marquee area.

4. Adjust the size (width and height) and orientation of the Radial Filter added. Select a filter, and:

• Click and drag the center of the filter to move and reposition it.

• Hover the pointer any of the four filter handles, and when the pointer icon changes, click and drag to change the size of the filter.

• Hover the pointer close to the edge of the filter, and when the pointer icon changes, click and drag the edge of the filter to change the orientation.

5. Use the adjustment sliders (shown in step 1) to create the desired visual changes. Use the Feather slider to adjust the visual falloff of the applied adjustment.

6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 to continue adding or editing filters.

7. Click Reset, to remove all the Radial Filters applied to your image.

Keyboard shortcuts and modifiers for the Radial Filter tool

New adjustments

• Press and hold Shift + drag, to create an adjustment that is constrained to a circle.

Editing adjustments

• While dragging one of the four handles to resize an adjustment, press and hold the Shift key, to preserve the aspect ratio of the adjustment shape.

Deleting adjustments

• While an adjustment is selected, press the Delete key to delete the adjustment.

Adjustments with maximum coverage

Press Command/Control and double-click an empty area, to create an adjustment that is centered and covers the cropped image area.

• Press Command/Control and double-click within an existing adjustment, to expand that adjustment to cover the cropped image area.

• Double-click without pressing the Cmd/Ctrl key commits and dismisses the Radial Filter tool.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Decrease the amount of feathering.

If necessary before you open the radial filter change your zoom level to 1:4 or 1:8 so that you can see beyond the outside of your photo on screen, then you can expand the radial filter beyond the photo edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines