Exit

help with brush presets

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all please see the image below:

forum.jpg

i created 2 new brushes.  the rest of the brushes here i downloaded and you will notice they all have different pictures/brush icons.

I want the 2 brushes i created to have different pictures/brush icons too, not just the round soft brush icon.  Otherwise i always need to hover over them to see which is which.  it would be much easier if i could set a different picture for each one like the other brushes i downloaded.

thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Those brushes were created with sampled image data and that is reflected in the icon.

When you create a simple round brush that will be reflected in the icon just the same.

the define brush preset is greyed out for me..

Have you checked the Help to see what this feature is supposed to do?

Create and modify brushes in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other brushes appear to be sampled brushes (edit: as created with Edit > Define Brush Preset) whereas the ones you created are based on the »basic« round form.

In any case there is no way to change the icons displayed in the Brush Presets Panel by default.

You could use the list display instead of the thumbnail display so you can see the names without having to hover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i remake them and have a custom icon like the other brushes ive downloaded?  the define brush preset is greyed out for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those brushes were created with sampled image data and that is reflected in the icon.

When you create a simple round brush that will be reflected in the icon just the same.

the define brush preset is greyed out for me..

Have you checked the Help to see what this feature is supposed to do?

Create and modify brushes in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Towards the end of that thread

Photoshop: Better Preset Organization (sub-folders, tag, search) | Photoshop Family Customer Communi...

some products are presented that might improve Photoshop’s Brush managing experience, for example

Brusherator for Photoshop CC+, a panel with brushes! and more — polycount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines