• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 15 crashes using Fades

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been adding transitions between clips using cross dissolve. My project is made up of MT2 and JPEG clips. Where the story changes I have replaced the transition with a Fade Out Audio and Video on the end of the clip and a Fade In Audio and Video on the beginning of the next clip. When I then run play, just after the middle of the fade PE15 closes down. I have tried deleting some frames from the end and beginning of each clip, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Russell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

I have an Nvidia GTX760 with the latest driver.

Tried deleting one clip, then the other with no change to the issue. I then deleted both and replaced them from the Project Assets. This time the issue is resolved. They must have been corrupted somehow when I originally placed them on the timeline. Go figure???

Thanks for your ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ensured that your JPEGs are no larger than 2500 pixels wide by 1875 pixels high (as I explain in my books)?

Do you render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow-orange "render" line along the top of the timeline?

What operating system do you have? Which processor is your computer using and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, my JPEGs are always original size and have never caused any problems in previous projects. In this case they are 2992 x 2000.

Yes I always render after completing any changes or additions to the project.

Running Win 10 64bit with an i7-3770K. I have 185 GB free of 500 GB and is continually being defragged by O&O Defrag.

This is unusual as it is between 2 video clips with both the videos trimmed by 15 frames. A transition works fine but not the fade. In other places the fade works fine. Not sure what else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you're telling me, it seems to be related to those particular clips.

Also, what graphics card do you have? Have you manually gone to the nVidia or AMD site to get the latest updates to your card's drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an Nvidia GTX760 with the latest driver.

Tried deleting one clip, then the other with no change to the issue. I then deleted both and replaced them from the Project Assets. This time the issue is resolved. They must have been corrupted somehow when I originally placed them on the timeline. Go figure???

Thanks for your ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines