Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

D500 .NEF not recognized anymore

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using Lightroom for a while with latest update on my laptop running Windows 7 and never had any issue with importing and working on Nikon D500 .NEF files.

I have now a new PC with Windows 10 and can not import D500 .NEF file anymore in Lightroom (no problem with other cameras Nex6 & D7100)

All the updates of Lightroom & Camera Raw are done. I can open without any trouble those D500 .NEF files within photoshop or other Adobe Sofwtare but not with Lighroom 2015.

Converting to DNG is not a very efficient solution according to me even if it's the only solution for me so far.

Would anyone have any idea to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Sylvain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I finally solved it.

After a lot of different advices tested, the solution mentionned here by kglad was the one which helped : Updating up to Photoshop 2017 under Windows 10

I launched all the installations in last step as Admin (right click)

However I had an issue with U44M1P7 but at least now I can update by downloading the AdobePatchInstaller which was not possible previously 🙂

thanks a lot to all for your precious support.

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact version of LR you are using. Help > About Adobe PS LR. At the top left the version is listed.

Also Help > System Info.

LR About Screen.PNG

LR Sys Info.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know the version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Please go to Help->System Info and report  the version NUMBER of your Lightroom shown there.

have now a new PC with Windows 10 and can not import D500 .NEF file anymore in Lightroom

We need to know, in detail, what happens when you try to do the import. Explain. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response.

Here it is :

Lightroom version :  CC 2015 [1014445]

Licence: Creative Cloud

Camera RAW 9.0

When I try to import a D500 .NEF file, I get the following message (translation from FR):

Original message in French:

"Le fichier n'est pas reconnu par la prise en charge du format Raw de Lightroom (1)"

Message translated in English:

"The file is not recognized by the Raw format support of Lightroom (1)"

thanks for your support, really appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to update (free) to Lightroom CC 2015.8

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a couple of things to check it was the last update but it was always seen as the latest version. I'll try to reinstall the software and keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? If it is Windows is it a 64 bit version or a 32 bit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a x64 version of Windows 10

Pending, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but still same issue, don't get possibility to update to 2015.8

I have now tried to download from the page your shared with me and install this version but I can not install this "AdobePatchInstaller"

"If you want to apply updates to your machine, contact your administrator because he deleted those updates"

This message doesn't make any sense to me, plus I am the admin.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then this is a permissions problem or it could be do to whatever internet security program you are running.

Try downloading a slightly older update version like 2015.6.1 and see if that will install. If it does then try the .8 update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with 2015.6.1.

very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you by any chance uninstall LR before doing the update? That would be the wrong thing to do. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first uninstalled LR via the Adobe Creative tool and reinstalled it, and yes indeed try to install the update after via the Adobe Patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling LR is not the right thing to do.

The steps you need to follow now are:

1. Download and install the Application Installer from Install Photoshop Lightroom
  2. Download and install the Update to LR CC 2015.8 from the same link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your support

I followed your instructions but unfortunatelly I still can not install the 2015.8 patch.

What I really don't understand is :

- why can I click on "Check for update..." in any Adobe software on my laptop but not on my other PC? (UAC is turned off)

- why Adobe Creative Cloud tool detect required updates on my laptop but not on my other PC?  (UAC is turned off)

- why Photoshop can open .D500 NEF files when Lightroom can not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions but unfortunatelly I still can not install the 2015.8 patch.

Why not? What happened?

why Photoshop can open .D500 NEF files when Lightroom can not?

They are different programs that have different requirements and different underlying code and work differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still face the same issue when launching the AdobePatchInstaller

"If you want to apply updates to your machine, contact your administrator because he deleted those updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, have you properly performed step 1 above which says "Download and install the Application Installer from Install Photoshop Lightroom"? If you did this, you should have Lightroom CC 2015 installed and working properly. Is that where you are now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. I now have Lightroom CC 2015 properly installed and running but no way to install updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to recommend that you post this issue in the Downloading, Installing and Setting Up forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help, I will do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I finally solved it.

After a lot of different advices tested, the solution mentionned here by kglad was the one which helped : Updating up to Photoshop 2017 under Windows 10

I launched all the installations in last step as Admin (right click)

However I had an issue with U44M1P7 but at least now I can update by downloading the AdobePatchInstaller which was not possible previously 🙂

thanks a lot to all for your precious support.

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines