• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Facing Pages as Single-Up Double Sided?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to indesign so I'm sorry if this won't make sense. I am printing a book to be hand-bound in perfect binding. Page size is 7.5x10.5, and I am using standard letter size paper, so there's no folding.

I would like to be able to set up the pages so they are facing in the file- i have several double-wide pages- but print just like double-sided pages. As long as they are centered and I have the bleed markers I can cut them to size.

Can I do this from facing pages or is there something I'm missing? I tried following one tutorial without fp but it didn't go into making new pages and the master seems to not be replicating itself over the single pages.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Just set the document up with Facing Pages checked:

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.41.47 PM.png

When you print choose Spreads, which will print reader spreads. If you need simple imposition of printer spreads there is Print Booklet in both InDesign and AcrobatPro.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.43.04 PM.png

Print Booklet

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.48.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set the document up with Facing Pages checked:

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.41.47 PM.png

When you print choose Spreads, which will print reader spreads. If you need simple imposition of printer spreads there is Print Booklet in both InDesign and AcrobatPro.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.43.04 PM.png

Print Booklet

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.48.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I need the spreads like that, but I will tweak around and see what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, i missed that you are printing on letter sized paper and you can't impose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines