• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 Taking Forever in "Checking for Changed Footage"

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've imported an AI vector file into AE and I can work with the files just fine. But when I go to edit something in the AI file>Save and then jump back to AE, it takes roughly half an hour to reincorporate the changed layers (roughly 90 layers). This didn't use to be a problem for me. Is there a way to allocate more of my machines power to AE? Let me know if I can provide any further details.  I have tried restarting my comp and updating software left and right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

These are specific issues with Illustrator/ AI integration (Read: bugs). Nothing to do with performance. It might get fixed one of these days. Until then you can try to create proxies and assign them to your layers, then whenever you need to change something on the AI files toggle proxy mode and turn it off again to force reloading the footage. Might work, might not.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are specific issues with Illustrator/ AI integration (Read: bugs). Nothing to do with performance. It might get fixed one of these days. Until then you can try to create proxies and assign them to your layers, then whenever you need to change something on the AI files toggle proxy mode and turn it off again to force reloading the footage. Might work, might not.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines