• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video import LR 5.7 // 1 hour earlier than created

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing a jpeg photo, the time when the picture was taken agrees to what LR 5.7 presents. However, when importing a video mov file, for some reason LR deducts an hour as if there is a day light saving thing or whatever. The camera is a EOS 5D iv which is set at the right time. Any idea why that is?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you're encountering a problem with Apple's Quicktime specification (which is used for .mov videos).  That specification requires cameras to write capture dates to metadata in UTC (GMT) and doesn't provide any way to record time zone, but many if not most non-smartphone cameras have long written it as local time (since they don't have access to the correct time zone).   Adobe chose to follow the de facto industry practice for digital cameras, rather than formally follow the spec.

It may be that the EOS 5D IV is writing the date/time in UTC (following the specification).  Why don't you upload a sample video showing the problem, and I'll verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John – thank you for your reply. I attach a mini video which was recorded at 13:35 German time which corresponds with my camera’s set up as well as the “truth”, ie the real timing in Germany. The camera’s time zone setup is “Paris”, ie GMT +1,00 hours. There is no “Berlin” or “Germany” option in the camera’s time set up menu. I imported the video into LR at 13:40

Problem I:

LR tells me that the recording time of the video was 12:34, ie an hour earlier. The file was transferred from the card into the LR folder for pictures, the information to the file has not been changed (ie still 13:35).

Problem II:

In another case, LR changed the recording time from 13:35 to the import time into LR.

I am confused, maybe you have some ideas how I could achieve that a) there is no change to the recording time and b) LR is sorting the material by recording time and not any other time such as 1 hour earlier or by the time the file was imported.

Thank you

Christoph

Von: johnrellis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Antworten an: <jive-225385134-5fuhi-2-5hzlu@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Datum: Dienstag, 3. Januar 2017 um 20:38

An: Christoph Kaiser <epistula@kabelmail.de>

Betreff: Video import LR 5.7 // 1 hour earlier than created

Video import LR 5.7 // 1 hour earlier than created

created by johnrellis in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion Most likely, you're encountering a problem with Apple's Quicktime specification (which is used for .mov videos). That specification requires cameras to write capture dates to metadata in UTC (GMT) and doesn't provide any way to record time zone, but many if not most non-smartphone cameras have long written it as local time (since they don't have access to the correct time zone). Adobe chose to follow the de facto industry practice for digital cameras, rather than formally follow the spec. It may be that the EOS 5D IV is writing the date/time in UTC (following the specification). Why don't you upload a sample video showing the problem, and I'll verify.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9237378#9237378 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments.. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9237378#9237378To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe CommunityFor more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the road but will take a look at this, probably tomorro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, I just noticed that the attachment didn't make it.  You can't attach files to your email replies -- they're discarded by the forum software.  You have to upload them to Dropbox (or similar) and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines