• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD not playable

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am burning my video project onto a DVD-R. After it displays "Burn complete", I insert it into my DVD player - but it says not playable. Is another step needed to finalize the disk? Any common problems?

I am using PE14.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Well, maybe instead of trying to figure out why, you should just go with what works in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you play the DVD in your computer's disc drive after installing the great free program VLC Media Player?

You do not need to finalize a DVD that's been output from Premiere Elements. However some disc players do not play home-burned discs well and some brands of home-burned discs are not as reliable as others.

But first see if the disc will play on your computer with VLC Media Player. After that, we'll help you troubleshoot the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. I installed VLC Media Player. It plays the DVD -- sort of -- not well. It sputters, stops, and hums.

I'm using a new blank Verbatim disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any responses??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try burning at a slower speed or try a different disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no way to adjust speed in PE. I burned again at lowest quality, and still does not play on my DVD player (new, good quality).

However, it will play on my computer so I will be trying another player to test mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it plays on the computer OK, then it is not a burning problem.  It may be a matter of disc compatibility with the player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bob. It's not a software issue.

Though I'm  concerned that it doesn't play well in your computer. More often discs play fine in a computer but one or two disc players have trouble playing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to figure this one out...

I burn DVD-R with PE and accept all defaults - and it will not play on my DVD player. But it plays fine on my friend's player. So it seems something is wrong with my player, NOT the software.

I burn it again (same type of disk) with other software (Corel videostudio) and play it on my DVD player. It plays perfectly, so it seems like the problem is with the software and NOT my player.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the disc from the same package as the other disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same package of disks. I tried to burn with PE 11 times, all same package, all not playable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe instead of trying to figure out why, you should just go with what works in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines