• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 update via Adobe Application Manager

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini both on Sierra 10.12.2. 

On one machine I can update both Photoshop and Lightroom by going to Help> Updates in LR or PS.  Adobe Application Manager is launched, and updates are checked and downloaded.  But on one machine only Photoshop CS 6 is listed in Adobe Application Manager.  On the other machine both LR and PS are listed and can be updated.

If I log out of adobe.com by Help> Signout  when I log back in it says I have 7 days left on my trial (the software is licensed).  If I enter my license key it is accepted but I still can't update LR because it isn't listed an Adobe Application Manager.

If I try to download the 6.8 update file, the install fails with "The Patch is not applicable to you."

What's going on here?  I tried to reinstalled Adobe Application Manager and that didn't help and on the other machine, both PS and LR were updated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

The solution to this problem was:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mfd,

You need to update the Adobe application manager to its latest version, which is called Adobe Creative cloud.

Please refer the below download link for both machines.

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit.

I'm not sure that is the answer.  I had the Creative Cloud Application installed and it did the same thing.  It looks like for some reason Lightroom is not being recognized by either the Creative Cloud updater or the Application Manager.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, I've tried to reinstall Creative Cloud Application but the same thing happens.  Lightroom 6 is not listed as an installed application in CC Application.  If I go to Help> Updates in LR it launches CC Application but it says that all updates have been installed.  The version of LR on this computer is 6.6.

Also if I try to manually install LR 6.7 or 6.8 update from this page, Install Photoshop Lightroom  the installation fails with "The Update could not be installed, this patch is not applicable to you."

The other strange thing is that if I log out of Adobe.com from LR, when I log back in it says Lightroom expires in 7 days.  I enter my serial number and it is accepted, but the next time I log out and back in the same thing happens.

Why is it this difficult to install an update?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mfd14534 wrote:

"The Update could not be installed, this patch is not applicable to you."

This indicates you have not installed the Lightroom application, so you can't patch it. You must first install the application and then install the patch.

The application can be downloaded from Install Photoshop Lightroom , it's called the Application Installer, then after you have done that you install the LR 6.8 patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ.... Lightroom 6.6 is installed.  I've updated it on this machine since 6.0 but now for some reason, I can't update it to 6.7 or 6.8 manually or using Adobe Application Manager or Creative Cloud Desktop Application.  PS CS6 updates OK but not LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution to this problem was:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines