• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up a document for an 8.5 x 11 mailer (indesign CS 5.5)

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I need to create a mailer that is one 8.5 x 11 document with a front page (8.5 x 5.5),

the open centerfold of the document (8.5 x 11) and the back page (8.5 x 5.5)

How would I set up a document in indesign that contains all the pages of the flier in one document so that all the pages are appropriately set up for the printer.

What is the most printer (pro outside printer) friendly way to organize this? For me it would be to have each the front and back as their own separate pages and the centerfold as its own page. I would think that the printer would want the front and back as one page and the centerfold as its own page.

Also, (this might be a bit confusing) lets say I want to do the front page and back page in a landscape orientation. That would mean the front page (bottom half of the document) would be right side up but the back page (top half of the document) would have to be assembled upside down. How do I work on the the document so it is easy to work on and is printer friendly. Sorry if this is confusing. Thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

My best advice is run this by your printer to see if they have any special requirements. In most instances, you can just set this up as four normal 8.5' x 5" pages and let the printer take over from there..

For the rotated info, use the rotate button on the Control panel to rotate those elements.InDesign CCss_012.png

When you need to proof the rotated elements, use the rotate spread button in the Pages panel.

InDesign CCss_013.png

InDesign CCss_014.png

You can clear the rotation in the Pages panel by right clicking the widget to the right of the rotated spread

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My best advice is run this by your printer to see if they have any special requirements. In most instances, you can just set this up as four normal 8.5' x 5" pages and let the printer take over from there..

For the rotated info, use the rotate button on the Control panel to rotate those elements.InDesign CCss_012.png

When you need to proof the rotated elements, use the rotate spread button in the Pages panel.

InDesign CCss_013.png

InDesign CCss_014.png

You can clear the rotation in the Pages panel by right clicking the widget to the right of the rotated spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines