• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old photo files corrupted

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom version 2015.6.1 and using Windows 10.  When I re-open some photographs that I edited a couple of years back that are still stored on my internal hard drive, they appear corrupted with vertical bands of colour.  I have seen lots of references to similar problems when importing Raw files but my Raw files were imported ages ago and the files have been opened many times since they were first edited. 

I have not experienced any other problems with the hard drive and a check using SSDLife Pro shows the hard drive to be fine.

Does anyone have a solution?

Regards

David Beckley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is turn off the GPU feature in the LR Preferences on the performance tab. Then Update LR to CC 2015.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion I have turned off the GPU feature and upgraded to the latest version of LR.  I won't know for some time if this has solved what seems to be a random problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen lots of references to similar problems when importing Raw files but my Raw files were imported ages ago and the files have been opened many times since they were first edited.

Your hard disk or computer memory is malfunctioning, and the file is corrupted now. You need to restore the photo from your backups, and then run diagnostic checks on both hard disk and memory. Since you have already run a check on the hard disk, then your memory is highly suspect. This is not a GPU problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, any idea how I can check the memory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memtest 86. Let it run all night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info I have run Memtest all night and no problems found.  I have also run a different check on the hard drive and no problems found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines