• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU for iMac OS10.11.6 to run PS & LR

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was told by Adobe support that I need a new graphics processor to remedy my issue in Lightroom (panels blacking out intermittently).   About this Mac states my iMac from late 2015.  It's using an Intel HD Graphics 6000.  Adobe troubleshooting info page states: If your graphics card was released after May 2013, you can assume that the card will work with Photoshop. Follow the troubleshooting steps below.

So if my computer release date is late 2015, I wonder why the graphics card isn't compatible?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Hi Karengd,

This issue that you are facing with Lightroom panels going black is a known issue, please add your vote: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thread for Lightroom's GPU features GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)

You could ask there unless you are having problems with Photoshop CC.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would check with Apple. As I recall, many of these iMac's had a graphic card defaults.

(Too much Chinese kids sleeping on the production lines)

Go to your Apple store before your warranty is off.  My 2¢.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karengd,

This issue that you are facing with Lightroom panels going black is a known issue, please add your vote: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines