• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An error occurred when attempting to change modules"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.8 and I'm always getting this error "An error occurred when attempting to change modules". This will force me to restart LR to get things working again.

I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, deleting the plist file. Nothing.

LR-3_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_-_Develop.jpg

It is very very frustrating. Please HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

I am not a 'Mac' person so do not have further advice.

I searched this forum for other users with the same problem, and most replies give the same advice to the adobe link as above.

But the most likely solution involves folder permissions, and this thread may give more clues to your problem- (if you have not already read it!)

An error occurred when attempting to change modules. Lightroom 5.2 on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a couple of other things to try at- Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a 'Mac' person so do not have further advice.

I searched this forum for other users with the same problem, and most replies give the same advice to the adobe link as above.

But the most likely solution involves folder permissions, and this thread may give more clues to your problem- (if you have not already read it!)

An error occurred when attempting to change modules. Lightroom 5.2 on Mac

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been dealing with this problem for the last month.  Only thing that seems to work is changing the read/write permissions on some of the folders in the library (changing them to read/write for every option).  This worked when I changed the permission the lightroom folder, then it happened again, so I changed it on the parent folder (Adobe), worked, then it happened again...sigh.

I just changed it on all the subfolders in the lightroom folder so will see how that works.  Very frustrating, however, and disappointing that adobe cant offer a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines