• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not Finding Font Installed in Fontbook

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a font into Fontbook. Muse has the font listed with the fonts, but it shows up as Ariel and highlighted in pink. How can I get muse to locate the Fontbook font?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

The support staff member found that there was corruption in the Muse website file, which caused the text to not appear. While testing the program, he created a new Muse site and the text worked properly. I worked around the disappearing text issue by creating a picture of the text in Photoshop and placing the picture onto the site, itself. I hope this helps other Muse users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font is it? Be sure it is a web safe font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called Good Day from the dafont website. I purchased the rights to it, it also worked previously in Muse. Suddenly I opened the site, there's all missing links in the asset pannel and the font didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to follow these steps for self hosted fonts. The way you are doing it, the font will not work as not everyone has that font on their computer.

Add self-hosted web fonts | Adobe Muse CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add a ttf font? (When I went to add it, it was not selectable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about "Fontbook", so I assume, you are on a Mac.

If true, try the following: Put the font into this folder:

Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts

Now it should appear in Muse’s font menus under the category "System Fonts" Be aware, that these "system fonts" can be used, but have to be converted into an image during output, since Muse can’t make sure, that these fonts are installed on every user’s machine/device.

If your font is a "web font", which necessarily consists of the font types TTF/OTF, WOF, SVG and EOT, you may install the TTF file into the directory I mentioned and the other file types by using the Muse font menu entry "Add Web Fonts".

Here you find a video, explaining the procedure: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/how-to/add-self-hosted-web-fonts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything and nothing worked. Since it was a ttf I could not install it as a system font. I tried putting (and installing into fontbook) in the recommended folder and it didn't work. When I put the font in the recommended folder it automatically installed into font book. The font is already listed as a system font but when it is selected the font isn't recognised. I updated Muse but that didn't help. Somehow the link is broken between Muse and the font on hard drive and I don't know how to reconnect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add it as a self hosted font. Follow the instructions in the post above. Web is not like print where you can just use any font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie Faggioli1 schrieb:

The font is already listed as a system font but when it is selected the font isn't recognised.

What do you mean with this?

Since it was a ttf I could not install it as a system font.

This can’t be the case! Of course TTF fonts are working in macOS.

Could you please send me the font via private message (-> click on my name and choose "message").

Of course I will delete the font after having a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is not on the internet, as this is from my phone. I can, however give you a link to the font: Good Day Font | dafont.com

Every single font, when I go to select it as a system font is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem at all:

I exactly did, what I already wrote, and the font was accessible in every application on my Mac within seconds.

Of course it also works fine in Muse. But, since it is no web font, but a "normal" system font, it has to be converted to an image during output. Muse shows a little icon at the bottom to the right of the text frame, to show this behaviour.

Screen.jpg

Don’t know, what you are doing wrong.

Did you activate the font in "FontBook"? Is the font within a deactivated font collection?

Did you try to put the font directly into the font folder I specified above – without using "FontBook"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing it into the folder you mentioned, the font was loaded into fontbook. However, the font used to be called "Lovely". I tried reinstalling as lovely in lower and uppercase and it still didn't link. Possibly the font family isn't linked, and/or for some reason, the software is not recognizing any new fonts from a setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just forget FontBook for a moment! Copying the font into the "Fonts" folder is completely enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I wonder why there's an issue. Is there a way to fix a disconnected font family?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand this question at all.

Does the font appear in other applications and is it useable? If yes, there is absolutely no reason, why it shouldn’t in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol Yes, it works fine in other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show us a small video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there someone from Adobe who can also help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share video mentioned issue. You can use the below free software to create a video

Jing | TechSmith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a video but I don't know how to share it, from a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come no one has responded? Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill be treading water in the middle of the ocean, waiting for the Adobe coast guard to send me a raft. Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asking around to see if anyone from the team can pick the file for you. You can also get in touch with the support team directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologize for the long delay.I had a

However, the video which you have sent does not have any content when we are playing it.

You can probably attach some screenshots so we can be explained visually.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines