• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezes on import after updating

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was using LR and import worked perfectly fine as it always has in the past. This morning, I updated all of my CC programs and now LR freezes as soon as I click the Import button. To be clear, it never gets to the screen where I'm supposed to select the source/folder from which to import. It freezes immediately upon clicking the Import button or selecting Import via the top menu. The program locks up and I have to force close it via Task Manager. I've uninstalled LR and reinstalled it. I've restarted the PC several times. I've created a new catalog. I've turned off Use Graphics Processor. I have no idea what to do but the program is now unusable and I had several shoots I needed to finish up today.

Here are my system specs:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 8140.1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8140.1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 268.0 MB (3.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 201.2 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 369.09

Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE IMPORT PROBLEMS:

What helped in my case was:

Unticking the "by date" option on the right side of the import dialogue and just setting it to "into folder"

maybe those a called slightly different in English, I just translated from my German verison.

I think this happens only, when you try to import in a folder with really large amounts of data. (in my case, 400 GB, 40k Fotos)

This stopped my LR import from freezing! Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One update. After suffering through this all day, I decided to let the program sit and spin after clicking "Import" about 90 minutes later it finally went to the select folder screen, allowed me to import photos, edit them as normal and create a web gallery. It seemed as if all was well, until I tried to import a new batch of photos. Then it froze again and it currently spinning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue...imported yesterday morning fine, then afternoon took 5 tries before I could import the photos, edit and export fine. today no luck!

I get to the import screen, choose my camera from the left and some of the images show up and then hit import and then it sits like that thinking....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems about three months ago. This is just a suggestion.... delete your preferences. Then turn the power off to your computer (not just 'turn off') and reboot. The 'fast start' in Windows 10 seems to cause problems with Lightroom and this simple procedure can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. I've been trying for a week now and nothing seems to sort the problem out. It all started with LR not being able to sync the folder. I thought it would sort it out if I deleted the folder and import everything again. Foolish me, now it can't import the 16k images (light jpgs) I've got.
Adobe, please sort this out. This issue is being happening on and off since LR 2015.3 - I've done my research and there are a lot of people complaining about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

I followed mike240's instructions, but that didn't help.

Today it happened the first time and the last update was weeks ago.

If I wait too long (nothing happens) it has also influence on the performance of windows explorer; it almost freezes too. I don't know what to do.

Everything else works in Lightroom. My catalog contains more than 3000 images. Not too much I guess.

I also made a new test-catalog. Import was no problem at all.

There's no support available @Adobe! Only this forum.

Adobe help! I cannot work!

Edit:

I downloaded version 6.0 and installed it "over" 6.9 and I can import again. However, after pushing the importbutton the next screen appears, but it takes a while (short freeze) before it's possible to select your importfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is solved.

Because I use PCloud sync, there are 'open' files causing conflicts while LR tries to edit db-journal files (and more?).

After closing Pcloud-sync and removing files that caused conflicts (and updated again to 6.9) the first time LR says that previews must be rebuild after restarting. That was done in an instant.

That was it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE IMPORT PROBLEMS:

What helped in my case was:

Unticking the "by date" option on the right side of the import dialogue and just setting it to "into folder"

maybe those a called slightly different in English, I just translated from my German verison.

I think this happens only, when you try to import in a folder with really large amounts of data. (in my case, 400 GB, 40k Fotos)

This stopped my LR import from freezing! Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!  This worked for me: Unticking the "by date" option on the right side of the import dialogue and just setting it to "into folder".

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experienced a similar issue where the import would stall several pictures in and hang there until cancelled. Turns out I had duplicate case-sensitive files in the same directory and Lightroom was choking on it. IMG_123.jpg and IMG_123.JPG (same file name but case-sensitive extension) could co-exist on the drive, but Lightroom didn't like it. I renamed the duplicate file names with All Dup and the import ran successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines