Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom catalog with old publishing service

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year!

Each year I like to start a new catalog. One thing I hate is that the publishing services all need to be recreated in the new catalog.

Is there a way to have a new, empty catalog, but retain all the 'settings' of the current catalog (Publishing Services (with logins), presets, development settings, keywords..... )

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

This is just one of a bazillion reasons why you should use one catalog. As far as I know, you have to re-create the Publish Service settings in each and every catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one of a bazillion reasons why you should use one catalog. As far as I know, you have to re-create the Publish Service settings in each and every catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can set up a new empty "template" catalog with all your settings, and you copy that template catalog to make a new one.  See this video: Merging Lightroom Catalogs « Julieanne Kost's Blog

But I agree with dj_paige -- it's best to avoid multiple catalogs in most situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, do you run into an issue with the size of the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Size of catalog is almost never an issue. In fact, of all the reading I have done in this and other forums, I have never yet seen a problem that was caused by the SIZE of the catalog file with one exception: the larger the catalog file, the longer it takes to back up (but you can do this overnight). There are people in this forum with catalogs of over 500,000 images without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, with a years catalog at 10K images, that will give me 50 years? that at my age seems a large horizon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating:

Size of the catalog is almost never an issue.

Thank you, with a years catalog at 10K images, that will give me 50 years?

Please read the very last sentence of my previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dj_paige

Not sure what you mean, so I will clarify my comment.

If, people in this forum have catalogs of over 500,000 image, then I should have over 50 years of Lightroom growth with a single catalog as my catalog only has 10K images. If I remain at an average of 10K images than the 500K image catalog would be 50 years of images for me.

With that, am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines