• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved Lightroom Catalogue from Mac to Windows 10 - Syncing problems

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving my catalogue from Mac to Windows 10 everything but the Sync to Lightroom Mobile works. Every time I start Lightroom I get the following error message:

fehler.png

It tells me it can't write to the "/" folder (which obviously does not exist in Windows) How do I get rid of that? I tried nuking my Lightroom Mobile folder and the Sync folder in AppData...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

LR sync with LR mobile is a One Catalog and One Computer system. Even if you move the same catalog from one computer to another it will look to LR Mobile as a different catalog. LR Mobile and the sync with LR Desktop is done by a unique catalog ID given to the catalog when it is opened on a computer. That Unique ID changes as the catalog is moved from one computer to another. So it is impossible to sync up a catalog with LR mobile once it has been moved "AND" retain all previously linked images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you could try is to specify the location for Lightroom Mobile images (under Lr Desktop preferences-> Lightroom Mobile) and let me know if it helps. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR sync with LR mobile is a One Catalog and One Computer system. Even if you move the same catalog from one computer to another it will look to LR Mobile as a different catalog. LR Mobile and the sync with LR Desktop is done by a unique catalog ID given to the catalog when it is opened on a computer. That Unique ID changes as the catalog is moved from one computer to another. So it is impossible to sync up a catalog with LR mobile once it has been moved "AND" retain all previously linked images. A whole new sync process has to happen which will delete all previously synced images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines