• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set up columns inside the text frame only?

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are at least 3 different ways to set up columns: draw out one large text frame and use the text frame options, set them up on the master page, or set them up on the individual page using "Layout". My document is consistent all the way throughout - 4 columns of equal width on each page. Which of these options should I employ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Hi Marie,

if you have one large text stream ( one story in InDesign speak ) that would flow through several pages I can only recommend using the Primary Text Frame when creating a new document. Go to master A then and set the number of columns to 4 of the primary text frame. ( CS6 and above )

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master page frames often provides great flexibility. Your viewpoint question can depend on whether you are placing many separate textfiles, like a newsletter, or one long textfile.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marie,

if you have one large text stream ( one story in InDesign speak ) that would flow through several pages I can only recommend using the Primary Text Frame when creating a new document. Go to master A then and set the number of columns to 4 of the primary text frame. ( CS6 and above )

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines