• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Q2n Camera

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am running Premier elements 11 and my new camera's sound is just a mess it seems to be a MOV file on the ribbon and the camera tells me its a Mpeg 4 should there be a problem with this or do I just need to upgrade to latest version of your software

Cheers

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Quicktime installed on your computer, per the program's requirements?

Also, when you add a clip of video as the first clip on your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange 'render" line along the top of the timeline? This render line indicates that the program has not set up its project settings to match the video specs, which is why you are getting poor performance. If that's the case, you'll need to set up your project manually.

RenderLine.jpg

It might also be helpful to know your computer specs and operating system -- and if you have your camcorder set up to shoot 1080p or 720p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks so far.

I do have quicktime installed.

And yes I do have the orange line, So how do I manually set up the project please.

~I'm running windows 10, it was a high spec machine 2 years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, you'll need to tell me if you're shooting in 1080p or 720p. The camera shoots in both modes.

It also shoots in both 30 fps and 24 fps. Which frame rate are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

1080 and 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new project by selecting the option from the File menu.

On the New Project panel, click the Settings button.

On the Setting screen, select the preset for DSLR/DSLR 1080p30 and click OK.

Back on the New Project screen, check the option to Force Settings and click OK to start the project.

You can see this process in the latter half of Part 1 of my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials on this page:

*** Basic Training for Premiere Elements***

Assuming the specs listed online for this camera's video are corrected, the first video clip you add to your timeline will NOT have a yellow orange render line above it -- and the program's performance should be smooth throughout.

If you still see a yellow-orange line above your clip (before you add effects or transitions to it) then the specs posted online are not correct and we'll need to dig deeper into your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks , the Orange line has gone but the sound is still a load of rubbish noise.

So the camera was set to 30 frames, on the video info it says 29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absence of a yellow orange line means that you're matching your video specs to your project settings, which is a good thing.

I don't know how to interpret "the sound is still a load of rubbish noise." But if you'd like to share a sample clip from that camera via Dropbox, I'll be glad to experiment with it on my machine and see if I can duplicate your issue or see what's up.

Just share the file to my first name at muvipix dot com. (Never write your e-mail address in a forum post.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Grisetti,

I have the same question as peters79033988.

I was wondering if it was ever resolved?

My description of the problem would be the audio is out of sync with the video, sped up and stuttering.

I'm using the same recorder, Zoom Q2, Premiere Elements 9, Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 15 with a NVIDIA graphics card.

The camera settings were 1080p/30 fps HD and audio at 44.1 kHz/16-bit. The output is a .MOV file

I've tried to manually change the settings to the one you advised previously, and I also allowed PE 9 to automatically change the settings to match the file.

Neither was successful.

I do not see the yellow orange render line as you described, although I do see similar lines going through the blue video band and the green audio band. I pasted a screen grab below.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

TD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why your playback is stuttering, TD. It would take more in depth troubleshooting to figure out -- which we can do if you start a new thread.

Just to be clear, you're saying that the video plays fine but the audio is stuttering and speeding up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines