• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please help me fix my Photoshop;

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My marquee tool displays as a draw a box etc but then disappears until i zoom in and out

my blending modes won't update unless i click on the image meaning i can't quickly flick through them

when i drag in a picture it isn't visible until i move it ,when i turn off a layer i have to click on the image to get it to update and disappear

the main problem is that my image doesn't listen to my layers panel until i once again click on the image which wastes allot of time, i would like to be able to flick layers on and off and view whats happening in real time rather than constantly clicking between the two panels.

can i fix these issues?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

I have a few ideas for you;

1. Try updating your video driver.

2. Try disabling GPU acceleration in Photoshop Preferences

3. Try resetting Photoshop Preferences to the default (corrupt preference data can make Photoshop behave strangely).

In order for us to help, it would be useful to know your Photoshop version number, your OS and OS version number, etc.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also my text doesnt update in real time i have to click off the box to see what i have typed or deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few ideas for you;

1. Try updating your video driver.

2. Try disabling GPU acceleration in Photoshop Preferences

3. Try resetting Photoshop Preferences to the default (corrupt preference data can make Photoshop behave strangely).

In order for us to help, it would be useful to know your Photoshop version number, your OS and OS version number, etc.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a tone for the quick reply

I've tried the disabling the GPU and it appeared to do nothing, i may need to update the video drive though.

It's Photoshop CC 2017, this is my mates laptop not mine by the way so im not sure about changing the preferences but i messaged him and he said it's should be on the default anyway.

This is a windows 7 laptop with a 64 bit operating system with an intel core i5-3320M CPU and 8 GB of RAM (thought i'd give you as much info as i can incase it helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the video drive, sorry if this is a naive question but if I update them will it change anything on the laptop because as i said this is my mates and I may have to return it to him one day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably will help him in the long run.

Go to the laptop manufacture and see if there are any video updates.

Should be automatic for you.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

product version 18.0.1 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikey,

Sorry I forgot to include a link for resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

While the preferences may indeed be set to default, they can sometimes become corrupt. Resetting clears the problem. Instructions are available on the page I've linked here.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it didn't change anything unfortunately, is it to do with my graphics card?  It's a Intel HD Graphics 4000 and it says it's up to date, or is it the fact it's on windows 7 because someone else's laptop has windows 8 and it runs normally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody knows. Really, nobody knows. What we are giving you are the things that most often work, are easiest to do (or sometimes, easiest to recommend). When you've tried these we don't have much else in the armoury. And yes, there is a risk to your system from these.

One key thing: never say something's up to date because you let software check for updates. Automatic updates often fail and this is a very common source of problems that are easily solved (once someone eventually stops saying it's up to date and checks). Get actual, precise, version numbers and quote or check them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines