• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view JPEG imported next to raw?

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot JPEG+RAW, and while I work primarily with the raw I sometimes like to see the jpeg for knowing how the camera interpreted the colour.

Recently I decided to rename the files when importing but if I ask that the raw+JPEG pairs be separate the file naming is inconsistent. For example, for 4 pairs the sequence is 1-8, not 1-4, and sometimes odd #s will be inconsistently raw or jpeg. The only way I can get the file naming to be consistent is to disable the import preference "treat raw+JPEG pairs as separate photos".

This works like i want but I cannot find a way to inspect the jpeg. The jpeg is clearly imported and named properly, but re-synchronizing the folder doesn't work as it did in previous versions of Lr. Please advise...

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

You could right-click the raw thumbnail and do Show In Finder (Mac) or Show In Explorer (Windows).  Then in Finder / Explorer, double-click the corresponding .jpg to open it in the default previewer.  On Mac, Preview is color-managed, so you should see similar colors as in LR.  However, the default photo viewer included in Windows 10 is not color managed, so you'd have to find a third-party viewer that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could right-click the raw thumbnail and do Show In Finder (Mac) or Show In Explorer (Windows).  Then in Finder / Explorer, double-click the corresponding .jpg to open it in the default previewer.  On Mac, Preview is color-managed, so you should see similar colors as in LR.  However, the default photo viewer included in Windows 10 is not color managed, so you'd have to find a third-party viewer that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines