• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Extended Enabling Pen Pressure for Microsoft Surface Book

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have struggled to find a solution to this since I bought my Surface Book last year. I exclusively got it to improve my drawing and still can't use photoshop on it properly!

I have tried uninstalling the wintab drivers, reinstalling them, uninstalling photoshop, reinstalling it, and of course restarts of the computer and the programs several times, but am still met with the annoying little yellow exclamation point stating "Control by pen pressure requires use of a pressure sensitive tablet"

My Surface Book has no problem with other applications like sketchbook using pen pressure.

Please tell me someone has figured something out, I'm at my wits end.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Update: just found the answer!

Start an elevated command line (hit the windows key, type "cmd", right-click on the Command Prompt and "run as administrator") and paste this registry edit in and hit enter: reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

It resets back to the legacy drawing ability some programs need. Flip it back to the updated drawing behavior in an elevated command line by pasting this and hitting enter: re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That site was for the Surface Pro 4, and I have the Surface book, but either way, I had been to the same site yesterday and downloaded Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20 yesterday, rebooted, still getting that darn exclamation point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a Wacom tablet you get the exclamation point till you touch the pen to the tablet did you touch then pen to you display in Photoshop?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got really excited for a moment, but I tried it and still no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT. WAs Just Trying to get some help and in my haste gave me phone number and skype contact to a

Help.Jessica Zaydan

who promised a representative would assist me via skype....

Got suspicious when they asked me for my password and login information and I actually looked at the profile. UGH! Can't believe I almost got trapped like that!!! I panicked and blocked the user from my skype instead of screenshotting the conversation and I can't be more pissed at myself. I am beyond disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe does not provide technical support via Skype. If you need help always go through the 'Chat' console on the Adobe domain and a tech will remote desktop to your machine if given permission. I would suggest changing your Skype password and also turning off your router for 30 minutes. If you do that your service provider will assign a different IP address to your account and so even if Jessica Zaydan recorded your IP it will be of no use. You can check your current IP by going to Google and typing 'my IP', note down the four numbers and then after switching off your router go back and check it has changed. Some times it takes several goes to get a new IP particularly if you don't leave the router of for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well luckily I guess I just had a power outage.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashlimarie83​, did you ever solve this? I'm having exactly the same problem with my new Surface Book 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: just found the answer!

Start an elevated command line (hit the windows key, type "cmd", right-click on the Command Prompt and "run as administrator") and paste this registry edit in and hit enter: reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

It resets back to the legacy drawing ability some programs need. Flip it back to the updated drawing behavior in an elevated command line by pasting this and hitting enter: reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

This is all from a Windows Ink employee on this Reddit thread and was the only thing that worked for me (I tried EVERYTHING else):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: looks like you also have to have the WinTab drivers installed for this registry edit to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines