• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incopy Remote question

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working in Indesign CC on mac, having the client making remote corrections with multiple users on PC’s via InCopy CC on several indesign documents.

It works fine with most of the PC-users, but one user discovered changes not appearing in the final documents.

I believe it can be a user problem, but I would like to be sure it is not a bug in InCopy... Has anyone had the same problems?

On the server I can see a certain filetype appear: Story List.xml – it only appears beside some of the indesign documents.

I was thinking if it was a kind of "temp-file" like the .idlk file when a Indesign files i open?

Best regards Maria

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

In addition to the question from Chad, I really don't have much without actually seeing the workflow up close.

I'm sorry, but you're initial thoughts on user error, especially if there was little to no training is valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough info.

Please describe IN DETAIL your workflow. Are you using a VPN? A cloud storage solution such as Dropbox? InCopy packages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Client are using VPN and opens direct in Incopy while we are working on the desing in Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not a fan of working via VPN for something like this. But, what are people opening? The INDD file? An assignment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Client are opening the INDD file in InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask. Are you sure they checked the content back in after making the edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the question from Chad, I really don't have much without actually seeing the workflow up close.

I'm sorry, but you're initial thoughts on user error, especially if there was little to no training is valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines