• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects 2017 ram preview restricting work flow

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any one shed some light on any work around to get the (very) latest version (14.0.1.5) to actually perform correctly when ram previewing the timeline.

I am finding that I have to wait several minutes for a preview with low quality.

Are there some preferences that I can change in order to get my work flow off the ground? I have 64GB 1866 MHz DDR3!!!

This version is so inhibiting to the creative process that I am having to reconsider my animation treatment in order to progress with the work and with a deadline in mind.

I have been working passionately with after effects for 15 years and am a huge fan of its creative possibilities but without the ram preview working quickly

and efficiently how can I get my work done?

Please advise...

Any ideas welcome:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you! I have the exact same computer specs and am dealing with the same issue. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out a solution. RAM previews are constantly getting hung-up and NEVER play back at the proper frame rate. I have the project files on a fast local SSD and 2TB cache on a separate external SSD connected via thunderbolt. How is this still so slow?? I'm losing my mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did an experiment, isolated a simple comp, no 3D, 1 expression, very basic scene and its taking around 10 minutes per second to preview, if I make a change and then want to review then I have to wait another 10 minutes then I can't do any work at this rate.

I have never experienced this before and am totally lost as to how to deal with it.

I am also losing my mind and at this rate I will also be loosing a client!

Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help to work in AE CC 2015?  Do you NEED the features in AE CC 2017 to proceed?

I would go with the software that works, personally.

And does it give you confidence that this issue is NOT one of the five (just five!) known issues Adobe lists for AE CC 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi neil h h h,

Sorry to hear about your performance issues. Since they don't sound anything like the experience I'm having with my less powerful MacBook Pro, I think you should work with our agents to determine what's happening there. Click the blue button at the bottom of the following page: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines