• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw app says 'up to date' but does not have an 'open' button and cannot be selected.

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud launcher shows camera raw and is up to date but the 'open' button is missing and the app cannot be accessed. When I am in Photoshop I cannot open a photo in camera raw also. What can I do?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to Photoshop forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can not be opened using the normal way most apps are opened.

You can access it by double clicking any raw file, or a jpg, tiff or png file that has previously been edited in camera raw using your normal file viewer (explorer on windows or finder on mac).

You can access it in bridge by selecting a file then use the keyboard shortcut ctrl-r on windows or cmd-r on mac.

You can access it in photoshop by using the menu item open as then for file type choose camera raw.

You can access it in photoshop (latest version) as a filter in the filter menu. (Make sure one or more layers are selected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It did work when I 'opened as..'  I don't use Bridge, I have been doing most of my work, both organizational and processing, in Lightroom but have just recently been having the urge to learn Photoshop. (Not that I am that proficient in Lightroom)   🙂 I realize I can do much of my Raw work in Lightroom and then open it in Photoshop, I just don't like the app not working from my Creative Cloud interface. Thanks again.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since camera raw isn't an separate program/application, it needs to be opened from either bridge or photoshop and that's why the Creative Cloud Desktop Application doesn't have an Open button beside camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you- I was able to ascertain what you mentioned about the separate program. I haven't been doing anything in CC for a while and when I logged back in I was thrown for a loop. I remember there used to be an open button for Raw..... I think! Anyway, through the help I got here and some fiddling in preferences I was able to get pictures to open in camera raw. I am wondering since I am more familiar with Lightroom if I couldn't just use Lightroom for the edits I would do in Raw and then go to Photoshop to use plug-ins or learn how to do plug-in operations in Photoshop? I have gotten so used to using Lightroom for my storage and library arranging that I am nervous about using Bridge. I don't think changes in either program affects the other. I'd hate to have to edit favorites and labels and all that all over again for 30K pictures. I appreciate all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines