• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword multiple images problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue keywording multiple images at one tiem.  Lets say I have 10 images that would have the same keyword.  I select all 10 images and add the keyword.  When I unselect the images the keyword is only on the first image that was selected.  Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not.  I restart LR and it still does not work.  This is really frustrating as I have thousands of images and tagging one image at a time takes forever.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

davidKheaton wrote:

Is that the reason it is not working? I have never done that before and it has worked. Is the only way keywording multiple image in the filmstrip will work is if the "autosync" is turned on?

You can select multiple images using the filmstrip and keyword all of them if the Library view is set to Grid. When the view is set to Loupe the focus is on a single image and keywords are only applied to that one image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you adding the keyword? Please describe the steps you are following in great detail so we can follow what you are doing and (possibly) figure out what your mistake is.

Also, are you selecting the 10 photos in the Grid or in the Filmstrip at the bottom of the LR window, or somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have 10 images selected, I then type in the keyword I want into the keyword field and hit enter.  The keyword then shows up on the first selected image only.  I then have to click on each image and add the keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you selecting the images in the Grid or in the Filmstrip at the bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am selecting them in the filmstrip at the bottom.  I will try selecting them in the grid and see if it makes any difference.  I have been using lightroom for a long time and have always done it the same way but for some reason now it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So by selecting the images in the grid the keyword work.  Tried again from the filmstrip and it does not work.  Is this a bug?  It should work from the filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug.  It will work from the filmstrip if you turn AUTOSYNC on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the reason it is not working?  I have never done that before and it has worked.  Is the only way keywording multiple image in the filmstrip will work is if the "autosync" is turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you turn AutoSync on, remember to turn it off after you add the keywords!!! My opinion is that it's just easier and safer to do this in the Grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidKheaton wrote:

Is that the reason it is not working? I have never done that before and it has worked. Is the only way keywording multiple image in the filmstrip will work is if the "autosync" is turned on?

You can select multiple images using the filmstrip and keyword all of them if the Library view is set to Grid. When the view is set to Loupe the focus is on a single image and keywords are only applied to that one image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that seems to be the issue

Thank you all for your comments and for helping me figure this thing out.  Not sure why it has just come up for me but if that is the way it has always been then that is probably what I have been doing.

Thanks Again

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread on a search and I have the same issue.

In LR CC 2015.12 Release I select 20 of 671 photos in the Grid view.

I add a keyword and get an asterisk with the message that the tag is applied

to only some of the photos. And it does only apply to the first of the 20 photos.

And to add to the confusion, the only other photo that has a tag is the second one

that shows that it is in a collection when all of the 671 photos are in the same collection.

Any advice appreciated. I am completely baffled and thinking this should not be this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to answer my own post, I had just imported the files and LR was still building 1:1 previews.

I took a break to have breakfast and when I came back I discovered my pc had recovered from an

unexpected shut-down. So I started up LR again and tried the keywording again and it worked.

So my takeaway is that LR is basically useless while it is building the previews.

Now it still only shows the second of 671 images as being in a collection but I am not as immediately

concerned with that as I am keywording and culling the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DK: So by selecting the images in the grid the keyword work.  Tried again from the filmstrip and it does not work.  Is this a bug?  It should work from the filmstrip.

BS: It's not a bug.  It will work from the filmstrip if you turn AUTOSYNC on.It's not a bug.  It will work from the filmstrip if you turn AUTOSYNC on.

DK: Is that the reason it is not working?  I have never done that before and it has worked.  Is the only way keywording multiple image in the filmstrip will work is if the "autosync" is turned on?

BS: But if you turn AutoSync on, remember to turn it off after you add the keywords!!! My opinion is that it's just easier and safer to do this in the Grid.

- - -

I'm not a power user and haven't the faintest idea what AutoSync is. It's maddening to highlight several images in the filmstrip while viewing in Loupe and then typing in the keywords only to find that only one image has the keywords (it didn't use to be that way). Now I've got to paste and copy over and over -- I'm not going to go to the grid format. Based on others' comments, failing to turn off AutoSync is worse than my laborious workaround. Now if I can figure out how to get LR to stop alphabetizing my keywords and autocorrecting I'll be happier. I hate it when apps try to "help" me. That help is unwanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines