• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not recognize Canon G9X with a iMac

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not recognize Canon G9X with a iMac that I just purchased.

Not sure if you can help, Canon has not gotten back to me yet.

I have download several Canon software programs and while most of them say, No camera was found.
A program titled CameraWindow DC 8.bundle will open but it asks to open an older photo app that I no longer use. (Capture One).

The program will not open up on its own to change any of its settings, it goes right to Capture One and opens it.

I have 2 Nikons and do not have a problem having LR recognize them.

Is there a way to get LR to recognize the new camera

Thanks,
Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Well problem solved.

Amazon lists wires that state "For Canon Powershot Cameras" Unfortunately not all PS cameras take the same wire and compounding the issue is that Canon in their instruction book do not mention that a particular wire IF-C 600PCU is the one that is needed.
There are many USB Mini cables ranging in different numbers then 600.

For future guidance if needed for other inquires,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires Lightroom 6.3 or newer. What version do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom cc 2015-8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything at all about your camera. There must be a setting in the camera that isn't right. Have you tried using a card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well problem solved.

Amazon lists wires that state "For Canon Powershot Cameras" Unfortunately not all PS cameras take the same wire and compounding the issue is that Canon in their instruction book do not mention that a particular wire IF-C 600PCU is the one that is needed.
There are many USB Mini cables ranging in different numbers then 600.

For future guidance if needed for other inquires,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could solve all those problems very easily by purchasing an inexpensive card reader. Much more reliable, much faster, doesn't drain your camera battery. It's a better way to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a Card Reader and that is how I was originally uploading to LR.
I prefer the direct from camera rather then pulling out the card, old fashioned I guess.
It is a camera for my wife, I have the Nikon D750.
I doubt my wife will take a lot of pictures so the speed is not an issue for us.

Thanks for the reply, sometimes I do miss the obvious,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not recognize Canon G9X with a iMac that I just purchased.

What do you mean by "recognize"? What function in Lightroom are you talking about? Please describe in detail what you see that indicates "will not recognize". If there is an error message, please quote the complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated the cable was not the right type, so Lightroom would not list the camera as an import.
The new cable allows Lightroom to import the images direct from the camera.

Hope this answers you question,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please update your Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the raw support for Canon G9X Mark II.

Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines