Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import issues

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have been using Lightroom on my MacBook perfectly fine for a number of months. Importing straight from the camera via USB port.

Then the other day the problem started. I can see the preview thumbnails, when I check selected photos for import and click import, it says importing images but then just freezes and doesn't actually import anything.

I have tried restarting etc no luck.

I did import some pictures to desktop as a jpeg file rather than RAW and then was able to import them from desktop into lightroom.

Any help is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version number of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and report the version of LR shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there - I have 6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try updating your LIghtroom to Lightroom 6.8

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I updated to 6.8 but still no luck. I have again selected thumbnail previews for import but when i click import it just says, 'Importing files...' and sticks at this screen?

I left it for 15/20 mins and it is still stuck there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the files to a file on your hard disk using your operating system; and then import them into Lightroom from the hard disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import the files into photos and then into light room from there but when I import to photos it automatically converts the raw files to jpeg? Unless you know of a way to keep the original files when importing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not convert raw files to JPEG. There's something else going on. Have you tried using a card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry maybe that wasn't clear. Its not lightroom converting to jpeg its the photos application on my mac that does this...

everything was working fine and then suddenly its not which i just don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i figured out how to export original from photos application into a desktop folder and then into lightroom as a raw file from there. its a long way for a shortcut, but it will do for now i suppose. thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import the files into photos and then into light room from there

With all due respect, Nick, this doesn't answer my question, which was "Can you copy the files to a file on your hard disk using your operating system; and then import them into Lightroom from the hard disk?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure how to do this, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Finder, browse to the camera as if it is a hard drive, then drag and drop the files to your main drive.

Then try the LR import using the main drive as the source.

Ultimately you will be happier using a card reader instead of directly connecting the camera. The card readers are faster in the transfers, need no special drivers, are far less error prone, and do not drain your camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines