• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What version of Lightroom is the free trial?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the free trial of Lightroom and it's working fine, but am wanting to make sure that the version I'm using as a trial is the same as what I would purchase as Lightroom CC. I don't have as much VRAM as the system requirements state that you need so I am hesitant to buy the CC version without first testing to see if it will work. Can anyone tell me if the trial version is the same as the purchased CC version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

I think you should be able to update the trial to 2015.8.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free trial is identical to the CC version, except the trial expires after 7 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom open click on the main menu bar click "Lightroom > About Lightroom" and a popup will display showing the version you are using. If it says 2015.8 and ACR 9.8 then you have the latest release.

See the attached screen capture.Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 4.39.48 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anywhere that says Lightroom where there is an Option to click on anything. Can you point me to where that is??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Help menu, select About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 6.36.26 PM.png

This is on a Mac in Library module. Win should be similar.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows does not have that menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct dj and I guess that is where it would be irrespective of the application you are using with a Windows OS. I have only moved to a Mac OS 18 mths ago and I have already forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the menu, but it says 2015 release and camera raw 9.0 so that means it isn't the current version right? so I could still run into trouble if I buy the latest version and my vram isn't large enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should be able to update the trial to 2015.8.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're totally right- I was able to update!! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines