Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Superscript part of a word

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to find a GREP for Indesign that will put the last character of a name in superscript. I can't figure out how to look for the name but then only apply the superscript to the last character.

The name is always "Vanessa+" (for ex.) and the plus needs to be in superscript.

I've tried finding "plus/space" but there are also calculations in the text so that is not specific enough.

Anyone any ideas that can help?

Thanks

Vanessa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

You can do this with a GREP Style. Create a paragraph style to apply to the paragraph and a character style for the superscript. In the paragraph style define the GREP style using a positive loosbehind as shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 11.20.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with a GREP Style. Create a paragraph style to apply to the paragraph and a character style for the superscript. In the paragraph style define the GREP style using a positive loosbehind as shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 11.20.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arghh - I was sooo close! But you made it work - thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name is always "Vanessa+" (for ex.) and the plus needs to be in superscript.

Is the name always Vanessa+ or is any first name followed by a +?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either a GREP style or an nested paragraph style would solve this depends on the outcome you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines