• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom split a color image into red, green, blue. How do I get it to merge the colors?

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorting images into collections.  Originally while in the Library mode of Lightroom all images were correctly shown in color.  While still in Library mode, something happened and one image has been split into red, green, and blue.  The colors no longer have correct registration.  I tried importing the images again from the source.  This did not help, in fact, other images of the same subject incurred the same loss of registration.  Using the "remove Image From Collection" function to remove the images with incorrect registration has now damaged the source. How do I correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

That makes me wonder if perhaps the card  has become damaged and needs to be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this is a problem caused by the graphics acceleration used in Lightroom. Go to Preferences, click on the Performance tab, then uncheck the box that says "Use Graphics Processor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I tried it and the colors remained split on the images.  I tried stopping and starting Lightroom but that did not correct the problem, either.  All I can think of now is to physically delete the images and reload them from the camera's SD card or from the directory that I created to load the images into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot showing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, I'm unable to attach an image because I deleted the images from the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one image with the problem.  I would rather have attached a .DNG (I work with RAW).  The image is a .JPG due to file size limit. B1010640.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a bug of some sort, but I don't really have a clue as to what it would be, I haven't seen anything like this before.

I'm guessing the problem is in the file, not in Lightroom, and if you could post the raw file to DropBox or similar and send us the link, we could investigate and maybe come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the Dropbox link you need.  Dropbox - B1010640.dng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open the .DNG file.  Dropbox grumped about it.  Here is a link to the .JPG.  Dropbox - B1010640.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to open the DNG file on Dropbox, just give us the link to it. like you did with the jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks the same on my computer, in both the operating system viewer and in Lightroom. So the only other thing I can think of is that the DNG converter screwed up somehow, do you have the original RAW available to share?

If the original RAW looks like this, then I would have to say that the file was corrupted somewhere in the camera or in the transfer to the computer and the photo cannot be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file comes from a Leica camera, which uses the DNG format, so it hasn't been converted.

bruceo62291541 - do all the pictures from the camera look like this?

What do the pictures look like on the back of the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Berntsen wrote:

The file comes from a Leica camera, which uses the DNG format, so it hasn't been converted.

Good point, I didn't catch that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Dropbox account.  I think it is shared.  I don't know what you need to know to get into it.  I am new to Dropbox.  The .DNG file name that I put into it is B1010640.dng.  This file contains an example of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the link to the DNG file on Dropbox. Please take a minute and read the instructions for doing this at Dropbox.

The JPG is useless in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the DNG file. It looks the same on my computer. Is this the only image that has turned this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of a total of about 1,500 images, there were 2 subjects affected this way.  In one case, there was only 1 image of the subject.  In the second case, the one under discussion, there are about 5 images of the same subject.  All are affected by the same problem.  Only the images of this subject are affected.  The problem manifested itself originally in a single image.  The problem spread to the others individually as I opened them and tried to sort and edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes me wonder if perhaps the card  has become damaged and needs to be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess wrote:

That makes me wonder if perhaps the card has become damaged and needs to be replaced.

Yes, that's my conclusion as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will replace the SD card.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will replace the SD card.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines