• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Affordable laptop compatible with Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the market for a new laptop but I'm not wanting to break bank. I'm new to all of this and would appreciate any sound input. A lot of this has been very confusing and I'm wondering what you guys think.

I'm a freelance graphic design artist. Not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but I do a lot of promotional design for small theater productions in the area and for the small business I work for. I've been researching laptops suitable for graphic design and while they are great computers, a lot of them are out of my price range. I'm looking in the $700-$950 range. I know I won't be able to get a "top notch" laptop within that budget, but I'm open to any suggestions for a laptop that would at least be suitable and compatible with the Adobe products.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

assuming you do no animation/video work:

1. get a windows 10 computer (because they're cheaper than macs)

2. 8gb of ram is sufficient (maybe even 4gb), but you don't need 16gb

3. you can get one with a low end graphics card like the older nvidia 600 series

4. one of the biggest determinants of laptop cost is screensize and that doesn't effect functionality (but it does impact usability).  so, get the smallest acceptable (to you) screen size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines