• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust Levels Sliders Not Working

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is really frustrating me. I have a macbook pro and when I go to adjust levels on a layer by command L and move the sliders - nothing happens. The image is exactly the same no matter how drastic the sliders move and I have no idea why. If I create a levels adjustment layer and move the sliders, it works fine. But adjusting the levels on the image directly doesn't work. I updated to photoshop 2017, I restarted my computer, I quit and reopened photoshop multiple times and nothing works. All the other tools work fine, but adjusting levels which unfortunately is my most used tool doesn't work. I don't want to restore photoshop to the factory settings because then won't I lose all my custom brushes and fonts? Has anyone else reported this problem?

Thanks in advance xx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does t happen on just that file or other files as well?

Whats your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every file I open. But I just reset preferences and it works now. No idea what happened. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of preference settings get loaded into the OS memory structure.

This cause a lot of issues sometimes.

Preference corruption is the single biggest issue here and gripe.

Adobe should allow a person the same their best working preference file to a backup and then allow one to load "last known working preference setting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines