Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videoupload to Facebook kills audio quality

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Premiere Elements 14. I have tried numerous export audio types (AAC, mpeg, PCM), numerous bitrates and samplerates, but the problem consists.

Within elements the sound of my video is fine, when I export it as .mp4 or else also. But when I try to upload it to Facebook or Youtube the problems occur. When I upload it to Youtube, online desktop users have good sound, mobile sucks. When I upload it to Facebook directly, the sound is bad regardless of which device is used.

Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Audio is out of phase.

Add Fill Left to the clips audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try vimeo.com and do links from there instead.

Really high quality on both video and audio, but have not tried smartphone how their player is.

Free account allow 500MB a week, total 25G a year storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, ensure go back to your Premiere Elements project and, under the Tools menu, open the Audio Mixer. Make sure that the audio in your project peaks at zero but does not exceed it.

If your audio is full but not over-modulated, then you'll get excellent audio quality in your upload to YouTube.

There is no reason the audio would play differently from YouTube on a mobile device than it would on a desktop. It's exactly the same audio and video file. Any difference is in the hardware or software of the mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve, all parameters are exactly as you said. Nonetheless - it doesn't work. And as a matter of fact: There is a huge difference between desktop and mobile devices (both iOS and Android). I am aware that this doesn't make any sense - but it is how it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks four your time. Because of the better reach of Facebook native videos I would like to avoid that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to post a link to your YouTube video -- or to a sample video on YouTube -- I'd love to see if I can duplicate your results.

In any event, it has nothing to do with Premiere Elements. What Premiere Elements uploads to YouTube (Vimeo or Facebook) is re-encoded by the site into their own streaming format. So if there is something going on with the audio, it's happening on YouTube.

But before we get too deeply into it, I'd like to at least see if I'm seeing the same thing you are.

BTW, you are in the USA, right? Let's make sure we're comparing apples to apples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is out of phase.

Add Fill Left to the clips audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems about right maybe. Can you tell me how to do that? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it, thanks. Works! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thank you for your answer, it solved my problem. Do you know why and how audio can become out of phase? Different audio file types? I also get Audio Dropout alerts from time to time, can it be the cause? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any stereo recording has the potential of sounding strange when played back in mono if monodevice just sum left+right.

You get frequency cancellation effects.

This Y-type mikes are not that good in this sense - meaning stereo mikes in one point just pointing i two directions. Good for stereo itself, since hour ears are close together - but same sound hit with just tiny difference phase so not good if mono device.

Properly mixed music should be tested to sound ok in mono though. Many amateurs use these stereo widening effects because it sounds cool in stereo, but often much worse in mono and they never test it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines