• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image under pallet?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed CC, in place of CS6. Ive customised and saved my workspace, but when an image is open it floats OVER the top of my panels and tools. I prefer it to tuck under these. Thats how I had CS6 setup, so I know it can be done. Can anyone point me in the right direction for that setting please. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

If you undock your panels from the sides of the photoshop workspace, then the floating document windows will go underneath the panels.

dock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin

Try Window - Arrange - Consolidate all to tabs

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  No, tried that.  Unfortunately it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if this option is active: Window > Application frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  Ive just tried unticking it.  The software background disappears, showing the desktop through.  The image now slides underneath, but its (photoshop) unusable without the application frame in place.  So its a partial resolution!  Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

the "Application frame" option has to be activated. Then choose "Window - Arrange - Consolidate all to tabs" as Dave suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you undock your panels from the sides of the photoshop workspace, then the floating document windows will go underneath the panels.

dock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Workspace > Essentials (or your favorite workspace)

Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials (or your favorite workspace0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I'll go through all these suggestions on Monday, when i'm in the office. I don't like multiple images opening in tabs though. So that setting is currently off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's as R_Kelly shows in his screenshot. You need to dock the panels (anchor them to the UI borders).

You do this by dragging until the cursor hits the border. When a blue line appears, drop the panel(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you guys.  Like most things in photoshop, easy solution, if you can find it! 

Great.  All done, thanks again.  Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines