• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 6 serial number revoked

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Christmas Day, when I launched Photoshop, CS 6, it popped up a requestor for the serial number to be entered.  When I entered it, it comes back with "The serial number you entered has been revoked.  This product cannot be installed.  Please contact Customer Support."  The customer support options just run in a circle, with no resolution.

The software has been installed on my iMac for several years without a problem.  Even after upgrading to the newest OS patch, 10.12.2, it worked fine for 5 days before the requestor appeared.

I have followed the instructions posted in several forum threads all to no avail.  When I called the 800 number listed in one of the threads, after navigating the menus the message was that there was no phone support for the product in question.

I have the original CD and serial number.

I also noticed that when I checked my Adobe account that only Lightroom was listed.

Please do not suggest that I follow any of the recommendations in the other threads, I have tried them to no avail.

Is it time to find new software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care   Under "Still Need Help", try the chat option.

Also you can register CS6 in your Products Page. What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  My last try a a reply was interrupted by a survey request from Adobe, so I don't know if it went through or not.  In any case my reply will be sorter this time.  Customer rep told me my software was counterfeit,  which having taken about 3 years to determine means I have no recourse.  Thanks a lot Adobe. Needless to say I will not be going back to Adobe software.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear it. If the serial number successfully activated, and Adobe soon found it to be bogus then your copy of Photoshop would continue to run until you try to activate it again.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps that is true. However, I think that they actively checked for these "counterfeit" copies and then sent code to the software to revert them to trial mode.  Why else would software that has been running for years suddenly come up as trial mode.  In fact the exact quote from the customer rep was "We initiated stopped counterfeit software in 2015, And it is an ongoing fight against counterfeiting software."  The improper language is right from the transcript.

When you enter your serial number it should be checked, which is obviously was, and found to be a valid number.  Therefore if valid was is also a duplicate number.  There in lies the rub.  They apparently only checked to see if it was valid and nothing more.

So my complaint still is that if they had checked the numbers properly I wold have know right away that there was a problem, not 3 years after the fact, when there is no recourse against the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be surprised if they started deactivating software instead of waiting for a reinstall.

Anyway the green checkmark you see when the serial number is entered just indicates the number was entered properly and for the correct product. That's all.

When you activate it then it checks to see if it hasn't already been activated more than a certain number of times. If it passes muster, your software is activated until it is otherwise deactivated. If a serial number is being used in a fraudulent manner it takes Adobe time to catch it. It's not instant.

When you deal with grifters, they know the system pretty well and they have an idea when red flags will go up at Adobe. Their mission is to be long gone when that happens. A serial number may be legit now, but not months later when the crook passes the same number around or sells a seat to a volume license.

Read Dov Isaacs comment here: Customer Complaint

The bottom line is that Adobe did not sell you the software, the grifter did. Adobe is not the bad guy here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So my complaint still is that if they had checked the numbers properly I wold have know right away that there was a problem, not 3 years after the fact, when there is no recourse against the vendor."

The problem if this vendor stole the serial number and app and sold it to you, there are probably hundreds of people in the same boat.

Earlier version of their apps had serial numbers revoked once they started seeing multiple versions trying to be activated.

You bought the product because you thought you were getting a great deal.

You got screwed. get over it and go legit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid full price for the product.  Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got screwed.

My apology for the legit insinuation.

More often then not that is the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same process right now and I also paid full price for this product.  I think this is a ploy by Adobe to get people to transfer to the monthly plans.  That is precisely why I purchased a hard copy when they were still available.  If Adobe wants to prevent fraud, they need to up their initial processes so that the fraud sellers can be caught at the beginning.  What they are doing is only punishing customers and trying to scam them into the monthly plans. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same thing happen to me with Nikon Capture software.

Purchased the product on Amazon. I had to eat it.

Why don't you go back to the vendor you purchased from? Bet they are no longer in business.

Adobe has no idea if a number is being used illegally until it reaches a level of registration quanity.

You got screwed by the  seller. Not Adobe,

I would fall on my sword and ask them what they could do to help you.

What they are doing is only punishing customers and trying to scam them into the monthly plans. YOU HAVE PROOF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe really wanted to stop and/or punish fraudulent dealers, they would up their game confirming the initial registration, not invalidating customers three years later when there is very likely no recourse for that customer.  When the serial number is flagged as being used more than it's allowed, a vendor should be dealt with immediately. 

You say "Adobe has no idea if a number is being used illegally until it reaches a level of registration quanity."  You're seriously saying it took THREE YEARS to reach that level, that a serial number is used more than once or twice?  Not buying it.  Revoking serial numbers of customers three years after the fact, yes, is punishing customers and not the vendors.

When a company like Adobe switches to a monthly plan and discontinues any other options it is already a bullying tactic.  We specifically bought a hard copy because it was clear that was where Adobe was headed.  If Adobe was concerned AT ALL about its customers, it would not be revoking serial numbers three years later of a product that is now discontinued.  What further harm will Adobe be suffering from users that will eventually be forced into something else any way?  They don't even have to worry about the problem anymore.  So who exactly is paying the price here?

The original poster has a confirmation from Adobe that his copy is legitimate.  They need to honor that.  Full stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy software from an authorized dealer, you shouldn't have problems. Buying from some dodgy seller online opens you up to this issue.

If you buy a car and three years later, the police show up and say the title was forged and the car is stolen, guess what? They take the car and you got screwed.

This isn't a ploy to push anyone into a monthly plan. :eyeroll: And you did get three years use from a fraudulent purchase. I'd say its time to look into the CC plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread has turned into a unhelpful rant.

I am locking it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines