Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing photo with filename.

Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Photoshop. I am trying to print pictures with the filename as a header for work. I have managed to do so, but the header prints out (filename.jpg) @ 16.7% (RGB/8) *. How can I print with just the filename?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Generally for this operation I use the Photoshop feature "contact sheet", so I can print an entire folder of images on a sheet by using the file name as caption. Choose: FILE > AUTOMATE > CONTACT SHEET.

Schermata 2017-01-06 alle 17.33.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds more like a screen capture of your Photoshop Image window is being printed.  If you want to add the file name to your image.  You need a Photoshop Script.  To add a text layer containing the Documents File name. on top of the  image or over to a boarer you make by adding canvas..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. I am still new to this, so not sure how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally for this operation I use the Photoshop feature "contact sheet", so I can print an entire folder of images on a sheet by using the file name as caption. Choose: FILE > AUTOMATE > CONTACT SHEET.

Schermata 2017-01-06 alle 17.33.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That partially worked, but I would prefer to print one picture per page and not all together like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set columns: 1 and rows: 1. So you will have a photo per page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Print dialog box, try turning on the Labels option. As the tool tip says, it will print the filename alongside the image.

Photoshop print label.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I got the original file name. It shows the file name, but also the other stuff I mentioned and I can't get just the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, OK. Unfortunately I don't think that label can be customized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you want to do is easily done with a Photoshop Script.  If you search the web for Photoshop script that Frame mats and label images or Puts File name,  date, exit ext. on image.  I'm sure you will find  some Photoshop user have made available. Search the Photoshop Scripting forum here too.  I have seen some that you can download.

If you can hack a JavaScript any script you download you cam have one it to customize how it works for you.

for example Add File Name as Text Layer « Julieanne Kost's Blog

FrameShop Script v0.9.5 for Photoshop CS5 & CS6

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines