• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I got a "no, thanks", too "much artifacts". What is wrong?? Thanks for your advice.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winterzweige_burkhardt_wagner.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Looks like a fair bit of color noise and as noted above, some chromatic aberrations. Lightroom is really good at dealing with both of those, although you can also handle in Photoshop. If you're not accustomed to submitting images to stock agencies (apologies if you are) then looking over your entire image at 100% is important.

Avoiding both in camera is often the best option but I don't see any EXIF data in your posted image, so I can only guess about ISO, exposure and lens.

It's completely unrela

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Ignore Jason's comment. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Here's what the last two posters are referring to

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.35.51.png

See the red and green? That's chromatic aberration. Get rid of it with a click in Lightroom.

Jo has a point that the commercial value of this image isn't that great. And the lighting is bad because your camera exposed for the overcast sky and not for the flowers (?) themselves. Get off auto mode and start using manual to learn about controlling metering. This could probably have used

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing; just adobe doesn't know how to evaluate an image all that well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can do something in regard to noise. I also see some chromatic aberrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a fair bit of color noise and as noted above, some chromatic aberrations. Lightroom is really good at dealing with both of those, although you can also handle in Photoshop. If you're not accustomed to submitting images to stock agencies (apologies if you are) then looking over your entire image at 100% is important.

Avoiding both in camera is often the best option but I don't see any EXIF data in your posted image, so I can only guess about ISO, exposure and lens.

It's completely unrelated to your question, and nothing to do with this rejection reason, but another thing to consider is that an image like this might be hard for a designer to use as there's not really much copy space given all the "busy" elements of the small branches (in focus or blurry). Stock images tend to sell best when they're easy for a designer to incorporate into a project. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore Jason's comment. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Here's what the last two posters are referring to

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.35.51.png

See the red and green? That's chromatic aberration. Get rid of it with a click in Lightroom.

Jo has a point that the commercial value of this image isn't that great. And the lighting is bad because your camera exposed for the overcast sky and not for the flowers (?) themselves. Get off auto mode and start using manual to learn about controlling metering. This could probably have used a flash to get it right.

Personally, I would forget this image and use the rejection as a learning experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines